Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming5 EU
CPU
Graphics
GTX980
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had a perfectly good 4770K but I couldn't leave well enough alone, so I got an Asus X-99 Sabertooth board, a 5820 E, some DDR4, watercooling, and reused the GTX980, powersupply and the HAF-X and got to work.

I've made a new USB with the latest Capitano and made it bootable with unibeast, like I've done a few times before and had a go.

I've tried npci=0x3000, nv_disable=1, activating the Haswell-E patch in the Clover boot menu, some other stuff and a combination of things, tried deciphering posts on the subject here on the forum front to back and sideways, but I can't get to the install screen.

First it was that funny OsxAptioFixDrv after which I raped the clover unibeast installed, then it was a pci error, then it was the no parking sign...I'm stuck and I'm considering getting out the Mossberg.

Any help or signposts appreciated. I need to be able to make a bootable stick with which I can get to install.

Thanks,

Pete

Peter,

Let's try from the top.

1) Recreate your USB using Unibeast, do not inject anything during setup and select UEFI
2) Once USB has been created, download Clover Configurator, mount the EFI partition on the USB and open config.plist in Clover Configurator
3) Go to Boot section and select Verbose, npci=0x2000, nv_disable=1, dart=0
4) Go to Kernel and Kext Patches section, make sure KernelHaswelllE is selected.
5) Download VoodooTscsync http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=286 and copy it to your USB under kexts/10.11
6) Save Clover Configurator settings, reboot with USB and see how far you get this time.

You've already lost me. I've discovered the existence of the 'Clover Configurator' (looks handy), found out how to mount the EFI partition on it, but on how to 'open config.plist' I am at a complete loss. I'll keep looking, but I'm ogling the Mossberg again.

Edit : I think I found it...

So, this is what I did so far...

I restarted and made a new stick with unibeast.

I downloaded the Clover Configurator, figured out how it worked and made the mods linuxrox suggested.

I downloaded the VoodooTSync thingie and put it on the stick.

I proceeded to install, and got a ways before the dreaded 'no loitering' sign appeared.

I rebooted and tried again, but this time got the 'couldn't allocate runtime area' error. I proceed to flash the latest BIOS on the X99, and tried again.

Switched off all the OC stuff in the BIOS and tried again. No Go.

Ran out to the store to get a new USB stick and made a new one. Same error.

Grabbed the Nick Woodhams patch, loaded it in the assigned spot, tried again.

This time I get a Kernel Panic after a while. So still no success.

Wonder what I am doing wrong.

edit : the Kernel Panic is caused by Woodhams patch. If I use the Voodoo theing it just reboots a ways into the startup process.

mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator, once mounted copy the entire EFI folder to your hdd, zip it up and attach it here.

mount the EFI partition using Clover Configurator, once mounted copy the entire EFI folder to your hdd, zip it up and attach it here.

Here you go

Thanks for looking

Pete

Attachments

• EFIArchive.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 48
1) In config.plist I am using npci=0x2000 (not 0x3000 as you have in yours)
2) set SMBIOS to MacPro 3.1 instead of MacPro 6.1 as you did in yours.

everything else looks good, save changes and reboot.

I've tried with 0x2000 and 0x3000, results are identical.

So recap :

If I try with just the VoodooTSync thingy, I get stuck at the first load, the OsxAptioFixDrv error.

If I replace OsxAptioFixDrv2 with OsxAptioFixDrv it DOES continue for a while, but then there's a kernel panix along the line.

If I use OsxAptioFixDrv2 but with Woodhams patch, results are the same as with OsxAptioFixDrv and no patch.

I'm beginning to suspect the GTX980. I still have a 570 and a 470 somewhere I could dig out, so could try one of those.

Another funny thing : when I tried the first time with the 'stock' unibeast + VoodooTSync it actually went quite a ways before the screen scrambled and I got the 'No Loitering' sign, but I've never been able to replicate that. Since that first effort I keep running into the OsxAptioFixDrv error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back