Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys, this is my first hackintosh build and i can't seem to get the system booted up without using the graphicsenabler=no flag...

i hope someone can help me figure out this problem...

also does opengl not work when graphics enabler is set to no?

my specs are in my signature, also i'm outputting thru the VGA (D-Sub) port

When i try booting with graphicsenabler set to yes, the boot sequence will get stuck at -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported..

Also i can't seem to set the default resolution inside org.chameleon.boot.plist, it seems to only work if i manually type it in before the boot sequence.

ps. i think i post this in the wrong location, so mods plz move it to the right forum... Thanks!

Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 4.03.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-22 at 4.03.12 AM.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 957
If you are using the HD4000, you must use the DVI or the HDMI port to get it working properly.

The VGA is not working.

Sadly for some reason my tv can't detect the signal from my mobo... :(

and i don't know if its the problem with the mobo or the tv as i have no other device that i can test with. sigh.

when i'm at the chameleon boot screen and i plug in my hdmi cable (while outputting with VGA) the screen seems to flicker, but when i change the source to hdmi on my tv it doesn't detect any signal :(

I have the same issue with DVI into my 22 inch monitor, I am going to try HDMI later today.

GraphicsEnabler=No
You can install without graphics card injection. This can solve many issues, allowing you to access the installer screen. For example, use this setting on NVIDIA 6xx Cards.

It did help my GTX 680 make it to the install screen, but I cannot boot without it or I get the white background stall

Same here. I have to user GraphicsEnabler=No to get into my working install. But, I don't see any downside to this so far. My graphics work fine (been playing games etc without a hitch).

So what exactly does this do? Oddly enough the install went fine without this set - it was just needed after MultiBeast.

Do you people have a specific reason for wanting graphicsenabler=yes? 'No' is actually the ideal situation where a gfx card is supported out of the box by OSX. Graphicsenabler is for the cards that need patching to get (fully) working. Is your card listed correctly in system info? Is QE/CI acceleration working? If yes, you don't need GE=yes.

I think because it's not mentioned anywhere in the guides (at least the ones I've been using) to set it as a boot option that we thought our systems were broken because we couldn't boot without it. I'm assuming that for these cards (mine's a GTX 660 Ti) that you just set the option in Customizations.Boot Options and then everything's fine?

What if I have just integrated HD 4000, and I can't boot without GraphicsEnabler=No? I can't play any video, audio goes ok, but picture has only black screen...

my specs are in my signature, also i'm outputting thru the VGA (D-Sub) port

Any suggestion/help would be greatly appreciated!

VGA is not supported! Use dvi or hdmi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back