Contribute
Register

cant boot into a new lion install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What options did you choose in MB>?

This setup should not be a problem.

IMG-20120314-00065.jpgi will tell you what im doing step by step. i just booted into another fresh install of lion from unibeast. i get the icloud pop up thing. going to about mac then more info. says : Mac Pro early 2008
12 GB memory
Graphics Geforce GTX 460 1024 MB
network is working but no sound. so i use the network to go on tony mac website and download multibeast 4.3 and DSDT for my motherboard. "Gigabtye p55-usb3 ver2 f9"
I rename DSDT file to DSDT.aml then i load up multibeast.
I check off:
UserDSDT and repair permissions under system utilities
under kexts and enablers all i choose is my realtek alc8xx and appleHDA rollback
For network i choose lnx2mac's realtekRTL81xx
I do not choose a bootloader since userdsdt does that for you.
i pick nothing under Customization. then i click to install...(DSDT.aml file is on the desktop) i then plug out my unibeast flash drive and wait for my system to restart hoping that since the bootloader is on the hard drive now it will boot up without unibeast.
i am using the DVi for my video card btw not hdmi.
The computer boots up to the gray apple screen and i get a KP..:(
so i restart and then put the computer in -v mode.
This is what i get.IMG-20120314-00065.jpg
any ideas? when i get home from work maybe ill try another fresh install but with easybeast again.

Attachments

• IMG-20120314-00065.jpg
    IMG-20120314-00065.jpg
    555.9 KB · Views: 104
What type of brand of USB are you using? Size?

Recreate Unibeast, insert in USB 2.0 port, remove extra RAM, keep 4GB RAM inside, follow installation methods, and choose these options below.

You have 10.7.3. Lion to download or are you installing a older verison?

Post your specific type of gfx card in you reply post.

Attachments

• 4.3.1 Nvidia 4xx Card.png
    4.3.1 Nvidia 4xx Card.png
    171.3 KB · Views: 116
Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes @ bootloader

Did you recreate the Unibeast stick>

What brand Flash drive are you using?

The GraphicsEnabler is set to yes already, should i still type it in at the bootloader anyway?
and i did make over the unibeast flash drive. and i dont know what brand it is , its just a normal 8GB flash drive i picked up from staples

OK >>>WOW... so i looked and looked around and i followed this guide..http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=52086
and i used 64-bit apple boot screen option in mutlibeast and the system booted up no problem. when i go to about this mac..and more info.
The Graphics now says...Geforce GTX 460 1024MB!!!!!!! but!..... i still do not have full res.
it does not know what kind of screen i am using like it did when i first used unibeast and it is only showing me 1024 x 768 res. but i guess its a start right?.. I'm guessing i have to go back into multibeast and go to graphics and pick nvidia 4xx/5xx support to patch it? i will wait till i get a reply back from you guys before i would do that. i don't wanna have another panic and i can't even get back into the system. ill wait to see what is the right next step instead of guessing. I'm just happy right now that it seems like I'm almost there. i hope. :)
so let me know what you guys think i should do next. thanks for all your help so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back