Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

My hack simply won't boot with a 64-bit kernel. I either get a KP, an infinite 'loading swirl' or a sort of 'half' KP, where part of the word "panic" (pan, or pani, etc.) show up, and then a freeze, or a straight up reboot. Booting in verbose is uninformative, as I can't seem to figure out what's causing the KP. At first it was saying that some weird Toast Titanium BluRay kext was interfering, so I deleted it, but the KPs still happened.

I've got EasyBeast installed, along with ElliotForceLegacyRTC (and, of course, others). I've tried adding the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

arch=x86_64
npci=0x2000
PCIrootUID=1

and every combination of these, in the kernel flags. Still nothing. Am I missing something here or what?

Hye maximusprimus,
Maybe I can (try) to help on this one...
Yesterday I make a clean install of Lion, every things went fine...
but this morning I discovered that my hack was running in 32bit so I start to edit my org.chameleon.Boot.plist with different options:

arch=x86_64 : Stuck on the apple logo forever...
npci=0x2000 : Give me a KP...
PCIrootUID=1 : not try

Than after some googling, I see that some people use:
<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

and I decided to give it a try and IT WORK...
Maybe you can try...
Below is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1680x1050x32</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>arch</key>
	<string>x86_64</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hi harycoz,

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I would get the Apple logo hang, and then after about a minute, it would reboot..

Hmm..

Also, I have since installed a DSDT for my mobo.

maximusprimus said:
Hi harycoz,

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. I would get the Apple logo hang, and then after about a minute, it would reboot..

Hmm..

Also, I have since installed a DSDT for my mobo.

Did you try without any kernel flags key? Just with the arch key..

Yup, I even tried copying and pasting your entire chameleon plist. Nothing.

I'm tellin' ya, this is a stubborn one!!!

I hate to sound like a winer, but I still can't figure this one out! I've tried re-installing kexts, all sorts of kernel flags, and nothing.

Anyone?

Not sure if there is any link. Try setting your bios HPET = 64

Rgds

maximusprimus said:
I hate to sound like a winer, but I still can't figure this one out! I've tried re-installing kexts, all sorts of kernel flags, and nothing.

Anyone?

I have use this program : Select Startup Mode.
The more interesting part is maybe the website where you can understand better the apple policy about 64 bit...
You can give it a try maybe it can help. I don't use the "select Kernel Startup Mode" yet because my Hackintoch is booting fine in 64 bit, but if you look at the screenshot below, you will see that my Kernel boot mode is still in 32 bit...
ssm-01.png

maximusprimus said:
Hi,

My hack simply won't boot with a 64-bit kernel. I either get a KP, an infinite 'loading swirl' or a sort of 'half' KP, where part of the word "panic" (pan, or pani, etc.) show up, and then a freeze, or a straight up reboot. Booting in verbose is uninformative, as I can't seem to figure out what's causing the KP. At first it was saying that some weird Toast Titanium BluRay kext was interfering, so I deleted it, but the KPs still happened.

I've got EasyBeast installed, along with ElliotForceLegacyRTC (and, of course, others). I've tried adding the following to org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

arch=x86_64
npci=0x2000
PCIrootUID=1

and every combination of these, in the kernel flags. Still nothing. Am I missing something here or what?

I think I know why you can't boot in 64 bit mode, that is because you were using easybeast instead of user dsdt. It was mentioned in multibeast 64 bit boot option (explanation) you have to use patched dsdt (specific with your mb) to run 64 bit mode or else it will not work. So, the way out is that you have to remove easybeast kext by knowing which one get installed, and rerun multibeast again with user dsdt, system utilities, etc. I think this will fix your problem to run in 64 bit boot loader. I hope this helps :thumbup:

Cheers!

ps: I took Tony's custom mac guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11465 to be able to use 64 bit boot option with graphic enabler=yes (depending on you graphic card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back