Contribute
Register

Cant boot iBoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to download the installer, but i cant download because i dont have internet on my current hackintosh. Just now i installed Mac OS X Retail (Snow Leopard). Nothing more.

I need to download the installer, but i cant download because i dont have internet on my current hackintosh. Just now i installed Mac OS X Retail (Snow Leopard). Nothing more.

Best to enable Ethernet, not WiFi. You need built-in Ethernet at 'en0' to access the Mac App Store.

You also need to update to 10.6.8.

This forum is for Yosemite only. Note: Moving this thread to Snow Leopard laptop support. Done.

Best to enable Ethernet, not WiFi. You need built-in Ethernet at 'en0' to access the Mac App Store.

You also need to update to 10.6.8.

This forum is for Yosemite only. Note: Moving this thread to Snow Leopard laptop support. Done.

So i need to update to 10.6.8, then install clover to usb, then install OS X Yosemite to USB with Unibeast?

Can i just update to 10.6.8 or is there also an separate method?

So i need to update to 10.6.8, then install clover to usb, then install OS X Yosemite to USB with Unibeast?

Can i just update to 10.6.8 or is there also an separate method?

You may have issues booting SL with Clover. It can be done, but it is probably best to stick with iBoot Haswell and/or Chameleon if possible.

Once you download Yosemite, you can use the Clover guide (linked from laptop FAQ).

I need to update first to 10.6.8 to download Yosemite.

I need to update first to 10.6.8 to download Yosemite.

Your statement is correct. 10.6.8 is the first OS X version to have the Mac App Store.

Your statement is correct. 10.6.8 is the first OS X version to have the Mac App Store.

I have built-in ethernet, but it wont work when i put in the cable, installed kexts.

I have built-in ethernet, but it wont work when i put in the cable, installed kexts.

Are you booting with iBoot or something else?

Keep in mind if you're booting with iBoot, you're running 32-bit. Most modern kexts for Ethernet are 64-bit only and won't work in 32-bit mode.

Are you booting with iBoot or something else?

Keep in mind if you're booting with iBoot, you're running 32-bit. Most modern kexts for Ethernet are 64-bit only and won't work in 32-bit mode.

How can i make it, that it wont need the iBoot disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back