Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

Just built myself a rig with the following components:

ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Intel Core i5-3570k
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti TWF2
8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series
2TB WD Caviar Green HDD (500GB partition for Windows 8, 1.5TB partition for storage)
500GB SeagaTe HDD (for OSX)
Seasonic X-660 PSU

I bought a legit copy of ML (10.8.2) on the App Store and installed to a USB stick with UniBeast. I chose to install ML onto the spare 500GB HDD - the setup process ran smooth with absolutely no issues at all. I then restarted and booted back into the USB again, this time selecting the OSX HDD. Again, no issues occurred with the final part of the setup. Once in ML I installed an Ethernet kext using KextBeast, restarted into the USB selecting OSX again, and I now had a successful Internet connection.

My issue is the next part: obviously the next step is to get OSX to boot without the use of the UniBeast USB stick. However, I have failed to achieve this after 7 clean re-installs of ML (performed after getting Kernel Panics after installing different Kexts, Chameleon, boot options etc).

If I only install the Ethernet kext, then Chameleon, I can boot into the OSX HDD which brings up Chameleon. From here I've attempted several boots using verbose mode, PCIRootUID=0 (and =1), GraphicsEnabler=No (and =Yes) and so on. But whenever it finishes the debug logging part of the boot, it moves onto the login screen only to either sometimes display:
A) the light grey background with no apple icon for 2 seconds, then a kernel panic or
B) the light grey background with no apple icon, one black console output line halfway down the screen displaying a 10 to 20 digit number, and no mouse or keyboard functionality whatsoever (not even the restart button on the case works here, I have to hold down the power button for 5 seconds to power off).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Just an update: Managed to get ML to boot using -x (safe mode). Don't know what that means regarding to booting without safe mode though, gonna have to keep researching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back