Contribute
Register

Cannot get sleep working (High Sierra) - Gigabyte H170N / Intel HD 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got a vanilla install working and a lot of things are working. Unfortunately I cannot get sleep to work at all which is really important for my setup. I have read and seen many threads on this forum with similar builds and have not had success. Sometimes after wake I have no signal, but my computer is running because the Blue LED turns on, and then after 15 or 20 seconds it reboots itself and works fine. Other times (maybe after hibernate?) it wakes up for a moment but the graphics glitch out and it locks up.

Here's my setup:
i5-6500
Gigabyte H170N Wifi
Intel HD 530
16GB Ballistix RAM

I created an SSDT file based off of the generation script by piker found here: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

I have the following DDST patches:
Rename HDAS to HDEF
Change EC0 to EC
Change XHCI to XHC
Change XHC1 to XHC
Change HECI to IMEI
Change GFX0 to iGPU
Change PEGP to GFX0

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could try to get it working? Sleep or Hibernate are really important for me and this is my first build so let me know if I've left anything out that can help.

Thanks!

Hy, same problem but on Mojave. Have you solved some how this issue?

From what I know sleep/wake on HD530 is unreachable. I have also spent a lot of time trying to fix this but with no luck, and all I have found was information that it can't be done. I read somewhere, that is should work with HD630, so I swapped CPU (sleep is also kinda important for me), but even here I have the same issue. I will keep trying, as from what I read it should be possible with HD630, but Im not sure if I can make it work. But as for HD530 as far as I know it won't work. Only way is to to get a discrete GPU.

My setup is HD630 and can't get it to sleep properly not even once. So i guess HD530 and 630 have same problem. Tried everything for months now..
I will keep trying and post here if i came up with something.

My setup is HD630 and can't get it to sleep properly not even once. So i guess HD530 and 630 have same problem. Tried everything for months now..
I will keep trying and post here if i came up with something.

Good to know there are others trying as well. Lets keep in touch if we can find anything. Im also trying with HD630 on i7-7700T. I have tested both Clover and OpenCore, the same issues. For some time I have had slightly different results, but Im not sure what caused this - system was actually waking, and worked, but only for a few seconds, then crash. Not even sure how I did this, I can't get back to this situation now, but this didn't resolve anything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back