Contribute
Register

Cannot boot from new cloned SSD (Snow Leopard) / Help appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best I've got is a 2Gb one. I'll give it a go and report back........

Wooh! You were right, the old 2Gb stick booted fine first time. So that's booting with Chimera 1.7 no problem. What now though?

Wooh! You were right, the old 2Gb stick booted fine first time. So that's booting with Chimera 1.7 no problem. What now though?
OK, if it went to desktop with no problem, then install Chimera 1.7 and reboot without the USB.
If it works you are golden :headbang:

No I've had 1.7 on the SSD for a couple of days now and it still doesn't boot. Still stuck in that Splash/POST loop. Look at this GIF:

View attachment 124988

Download it and unzip.

Attachments

• bootloop.jpg
    bootloop.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 70
OK, only other thing I can think of is the SSD firmware.
Did you update the SSD firmware to the Mac version (it comes with the Windows version)?

See http://forum.crucial.com/t5/Crucial-SSDs/SSD-firmware-update-on-a-Mac/ta-p/111844

You are supposed to update the firmawre version on Crucial SSDs before installation, so you might have to clone the HDD to the SSD again after the firmware update. Not sure of this with the newer Crucial SSDs, but the M50 was a destructive update - running it messed up your install and you had to re-install/re-clone OS X after the firmware update if you did not do the update first.

Had no idea about that. Will do it and see.... Thanks :D

OK, got the right firmware and installed it. The drive says it has 512 byte sectors and firmware MU03 (boot1h fix is now ruled out). MU05 is the latest version. Installed MU05 successfully (sweet little Linux utility - thanks Crucial and Micron).

Restart - NO change!! The problem persists! How can this be?

Something in BIOS?

:banghead:

Even after that still exactly the same.

Really thought that would do it.

This has me beat :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back