Contribute
Register

Can not get to the installation screen (UniBeast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually i won't be testing with the built in graphics as my motherboard doesn't support it. Oh well, hopefully someone will come up with something, a lot of people seem to be having this issue.

I fixed the issue! It was one thing I simply overlooked—updating the BIOS. There's actually an update that's been out since April to support Ivy Bridge CPUs, but an even newer one from this month. I mean I'm still running a Sandy Bridge CPU, but I think the update added some new features that ML probably look for. Give it a shot! ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 > Download

Remember to reconfigure your BIOS for AHCI mode, etc.

I have Ivy Bridge i7 3770K and the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH5 motherboard with a GeForce GTX580 video card and I'm experiencing the same problem. The USB boot menu comes up, USB is selected, I press ENTER and a few seconds later the white screen with the Apple logo shows with the spinning thing. Few seconds later the thing stops spinning, the screen goes black and that's it. The motherboard shows code A0 which is what it shows when Lion is running. The monitor shuts off. Pressing keys or the mouse button does nothing. I never get to the install screen.

I've tried removing the video card and booting with the monitor plugged into the onboard graphics DVI port and when I do that, I get absolutely nothing on the screen. I have On Board Graphics set to Auto, haven't tried setting it to Enabled yet.

I've also tried GraphicsEnabler=No but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Okay, I did the PCIRootUID=0 suggestion and that worked. Mountain Lion installed cleanly to a clean hard drive and to my surprise, everything works without having to run MultiBeast. It logged me in to iCloud, sound works, network works, shows USB 3.0, video card working on max resolution. Haven't tried sleep yet.

So if everything is working, it looks like I don't need to use MultiBeast at all. However, when I reboot, it reboots to my Lion SSD and doesn't give me a choice as to which OS I want to boot to. If I boot to the USB stick, I get that choice but I still have to enter PCIRootUID=0 for that to work. Is there a workaround so that I at least get the boot options for Lion or Mountain Lion without having to keep the USB stick in and entering the boot flag PCIRootUID=0?

Bob

GA=Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B (running at 1600)

You guys are really destroying this thread.
Trying "PCIRootUID=0" and the problems with Ivy Bridge CPU'S are EXPLICITLY mentioned in the guide.
Just follow the guide!

This thread is for people who followed the guide and tried EVERYTHING and still can't get to the installation.

To post that you did what is written in the UniBeast guide and that it worked - IS POINTLESS.

Simmer down cowboy. :angel:

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

tonymacx86 FAQ

I would boot to a usb installer and would immediatly go to black screen. I replaced the extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist from my working 10.7.2 install and put it on the usb unibeast 1.5 and install ran flawlessly after this.

now I need to just correct my ethernet drivers and sleepEnabler..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=X86_64</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hey this worked for me in DH55TC. Thanks a lot.

i am having a huge issue, i can get to the installation screen, instal 10.8.2, and use osx only when i type -x, safe mode , if i dont use -x (safe mode) i cant even get anything installed it gets stuck at either, the apple load screen, or the white screen, so everytime i get to the multibest driver loader i load the dsdt free only load drivers for ethernet port, and the 8,3 boot. sine there is not a way to put a -x flag on i cant successfully get this ML to run with out safe mode. i tried PCIRootUID=1 and 0 and GraphicEnabler=no, and yes. I tried even pulling out the video card, and still had to use -x, any help please i am stuck, and this mobo is suppose to be one of the most compatible, yeah right, i have done solid builds in the past with x58 and 10.6.8 and ran very smooth, i dont get this so if you have had an issue like mine please help

gigabyte mobo z77-d3h
intel i7-3770
8gb 2x4 ddr3 patriot 1600mhz ram
evga geforce gtx650 graphics card
tp-link pcie adpt for wireless
naxn 550watt powe supply
rackmount case
gear head 24x dvd burner sata
WD 1tb black ediion hdd

i forgot to write, i also flashed the bios back to f14 from f18

Status
Not open for further replies.