Contribute
Register

Can anyone help to hackintosh a Toshiba Qosmio X70?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + screen resolution

Processor Type: Fourth generation Intel ® Core ™ i7-4700MQ processor with Intel ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
clock speed: 2.40 / 3.40 Turbo GHz
Cache on the third level: 6 MB
Operating System Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (pre-installed)
Design Colour Color: Nice dark silver finish with narrow stripes and red design highlights of aluminum and red Qosmio logo in the LCD cover, black keyboard
Solid State Drive Capacity: 256 GB
System Memory default: 16,384 (4,096 + 4,096 + 4,096 + 4,096) MB
maximum expandability: 32768 (2 of system memory trace for retail and 2 for authorized service provider) MB
Technology: DDR3L RAM (1600 MHz)
Hard drive Capacity: 1 TB
drive rotation: 5,400 rpm
DVD Super Multi drive (Double Layer) compatibility: CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-R (DL), DVD-RW, DVD + R, DVD + R (DL), DVD + RW, DVD- RAM
maximum speed: Reading: 24x CD-ROM, 8x DVD-ROM / Writing: 24x CD-R, 4x CD-RW, 10x HS CD-RW, 16x U.S. CD-RW, 8x DVD-R, 6x DVD-R (Double Layer ), 6x DVD-RW, 8x DVD + R, 6x DVD + R (Double Layer), 8x DVD + RW, 5x DVD-RAM
Type: Slim DVD Super Multi (Double Layer)
Screen Size: 17.3 inches (43.9 cm)
type: Toshiba TruBrite ® FHD TFT High Brightness display with LED backlighting and 16:9 aspect ratio
internal resolution: 1920 x 1080
response time rise + fall (Typ.): 8 ms
Graphics Adapter type: NVIDIA ® GeForce ® GTX 770M with CUDA ™ Technology and NVIDIA ® Optimus ™ Technology
memory size: 3072 MB dedicated VRAM. Available graphics memory can be expanded using system memory using TurboCache ™ technology: up to 10,878 MB with 16 GB of system memory installed as shown in the NVIDIA control panel, and up to 19,070 MB with 32 GB of system memory (with pre-installed Windows ® operating system, 64-bit ).
Memory Type: 192-bit broadband and GDDR5 Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus: PCI Express ®
Internal video modes The following internal video modes are supported ::
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Interfaces 1 × external monitor
1 × RJ-45
1 × headphone (stereo)
1 × external microphone supporting Sleep mode with music
1 × Multi-Card Reader
(Supports SD ™ Card up to 2 GB, miniSD ™ -/microSD ™ Card with adapter up to 2 GB, SDHC ™ Card up to 32 GB, SDXC ™ Card up to 64 GB and MultiMedia Card ™ up to 2 GB)
2 × USB 3.0
2 × USB 3.0 supporting USB sleep charge
1 × integrated 2.0 MP FHD Webcam (1980 x 1080) with integrated microphone
1 × HDMI-out with support for Ultra HD format
Expansion 4 (2 for retail and 2 for authorized service provider) × memory slots
Wireless communication Compliancy: Wi-Fi ™
Network Support: 802.11b/g/n
Manufacturer: Intel ®
Wireless Technology: Wireless LAN
Version: Intel ® Centrino ® Wireless-N 2230
Wireless Technology: Bluetooth ® 4.0 + LE
Version: 4.0 + LE
Wireless technology: Intel ® Wireless Display and Mira Cast ™-ready
Wired communication topology: Gigabit Ethernet LAN
speed: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T
Sound System supported audio format: 24-bit stereo
Speakers: 4x built-in Harman Kardon ® speakers with 6 watts of music power output, improved DTS ® Sound Studio ™
manufacturer: Conexant (CX20751-11Z)
Keyboard keys: 87
Windows keys: Yes
special features: Black "tile" keyboard without frame with backlight and 10-digit numeric keypad
Pointing Device type: Touchpad with multi-touch control supporting various scroll, zoom and used to start many different functions.
Battery technology: lithium-ion
maximum life: up to 3 h 30 min (Mobile Mark ™ 2012)
AC Adapter Input voltage: AC adapter with automatic sensor (100/240 V) for worldwide usage
output voltage: 19 V
output current: 9.5 A
Physical size W x D x H: 418.6 x 272.5 x 29.6 (front) / 44 (rear) mm
weight: from 3.4 kg
Warranty 2 year European warranty submission. Toshiba also offers a range of services to upgrade your standard warranty. See the website www.toshiba-europe.com/services to find the right service for your product.
Hardware Package AC Adapter
Software package DTS ® Sound Studio ™
McAfee ® Internet Security (free 30-day subscription)
Microsoft ® Office 2013 (1-month trial for new Microsoft ® Office 365 customers)
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist
TOSHIBA Display Utility
TOSHIBA eco Utility ™
TOSHIBA Function Key
TOSHIBA Media Player from sMedio True Link +
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor
TOSHIBA System Settings
Security HDD password on request
user password
slot for Kensington Cable Lock
Supervisor Password
Special Features ENERGY STAR qualified computer
Enhanced Intel ® SpeedStep ® Technology
SM BIOS compliant
Support for HD audio
Approval The manufacturer declares that this product complies with the following directives and regulations for the CE-marking. Toshiba Europe GmbH, Hammfelddam 8, 41460 Neuss, Germany is responsible for CE marking.

Done with that info. Can you help me now with that booting issue?

It is working but it only works if I boot with -x before entering Mavericks. I trying to find the issue so I can load Mavericks without -x mode. This is what it shows up before it get stuck, any clue RehabMan?:

View attachment 79009

You need to set your ig-platform-id to enable HD4600. See these links:
Chimera: http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html
Chameleon: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288241-intel-hd4000-inject-aaplig-platform-id/

Note:
For Chimera, IGPlatformID has no effect without GraphicsEnabler=Y or IGPEnabler=Y
For Chameleon, IntelAzulFB has no effect without GraphicsEnabler=Y

You will also need to disable nvidia in BIOS or remove the nvidia kexts (NV*, Geforce*). Later you can disable nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits.

Done with that info. Can you help me now with that booting issue?

A bit verbose, but...

This would be sufficient:

CPU: i7-4700MQ/8-series chipset
Graphics: Intel HD4600/Nvidia 770M, 1920x1080

I don't think I can do any change on BIOS to NVDIA, didn't find a choice for that. I tried typing on Unibeast boot loader the code IGPlatformID=OD220003 Chimera HD 4600 Default, that would equal the HD 4600 I have but didn't work either.. But what I found out that I do not need for -x, installing Multibeast with Basic Boot Options, but then I get a really low resolution 1000x764.. If I then install Basic Boot Option with the 1920x1080x32 option it crashes, but it seem to work typing -x at the Unibeast boot loader. SO by far best option is starting this via Unibeast and typing -x, I do get a quick boot with good resolution. Ejecting the Unibeast USB, to start from the installed Maverics docent seem to work, i get some text saying Boot=test Boot=IGP or something...

Having problems with the audio driver to, there is no sound. I think this Laptop uses a mix of NVDIA HD sound and Intel soundcard.. Is there any driver for that?

Well.. Its nice to at least see that I have OSX in this Laptop, to be honest it feels a lot faster than using Windows 8.1. But I would like to resolve both audio and that boot graphics issue described above :)

I don't think I can do any change on BIOS to NVDIA, didn't find a choice for that. I tried typing on Unibeast boot loader the code IGPlatformID=OD220003 Chimera HD 4600 Default, that would equal the HD 4600 I have but didn't work either.. But what I found out that I do not need for -x, installing Multibeast with Basic Boot Options, but then I get a really low resolution 1000x764.. If I then install Basic Boot Option with the 1920x1080x32 option it crashes, but it seem to work typing -x at the Unibeast boot loader. SO by far best option is starting this via Unibeast and typing -x, I do get a quick boot with good resolution. Ejecting the Unibeast USB, to start from the installed Maverics docent seem to work, i get some text saying Boot=test Boot=IGP or something...

Try other IGPlatformID values. Most likely it is going to be a mobile one, like: 0a260006. I've had better luck using Chameleon and IntelAzulFB (likely IntelAzulFB=12).

Because you can't disable nvidia in BIOS, you will need to remove the nvidia kexts.

Having problems with the audio driver to, there is no sound. I think this Laptop uses a mix of NVDIA HD sound and Intel soundcard.. Is there any driver for that?

For audio, it is best to use patched AppleHDA. Involves gathering your codec info in Linux then finding an AppleHDA to suit. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'...

Try other IGPlatformID values. Most likely it is going to be a mobile one, like: 0a260006. I've had better luck using Chameleon and IntelAzulFB (likely IntelAzulFB=12).

Because you can't disable nvidia in BIOS, you will need to remove the nvidia kexts.

For audio, it is best to use patched AppleHDA. Involves gathering your codec info in Linux then finding an AppleHDA to suit. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'...

I got a little further!

I can now boot Mavericks without using -x mode, and i get i nice resolution of 1920x1080 with some minor glitches every now and then. Think Chameleon Wizard have helped me there, or it could be I deleted som kext like you said RehabMan. :thumbup:

Now Im trying to fix so that I can restart this laptop and it currently starts up in Mavericks, or get option to choose boot from either Windows or Mavericks WITHOUT using that Unibeast USB bootloader. If I disconnect the USB Unibeast, and I restart the laptop i get this errors:

Code:
boot0: GPT
boot0:test
boot0: GTP
boot0: test
boot0:error

For the audio, I tried installing AppleHDA.kext using Kext Utility app but without luck. Im experimenting with the Chameleon Wizard to see if I can get it to work..

:)

I got a little further!

I can now boot Mavericks without using -x mode, and i get i nice resolution of 1920x1080 with some minor glitches every now and then. Think Chameleon Wizard have helped me there, or it could be I deleted som kext like you said RehabMan. :thumbup:

To avoid the glitches set the resolution in the boot loader:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Now Im trying to fix so that I can restart this laptop and it currently starts up in Mavericks, or get option to choose boot from either Windows or Mavericks WITHOUT using that Unibeast USB bootloader. If I disconnect the USB Unibeast, and I restart the laptop i get this errors:

Code:
boot0: GPT
boot0: GTP
boot0:error

http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

For the audio, I tried installing AppleHDA.kext using Kext Utility app but without luck. Im experimenting with the Chameleon Wizard to see if I can get it to work..

For using patched AppleHDA you need appropriate DSDT patches as well... specifics depend on the requirements of the patched AppleHDA.

I used option 1 with code, but i couldn't get it to boot. I found out that I had to change name to of=/dev/disk1s2 instead of disk0s2. The way i found out that was using Chameleon Wizard On Target Partition Drive, there i got that name. Now I get that Chamelon boot screen with options and it do works booting directly to Maverics with any problem. So one more problem solved! Thanks RehabMan! Hope this is useful for others to :)

Now I will focus on fixing the audio :)

And for those glitches, i think it already set for 32 bit and that resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back