Contribute
Register

Calling Early Ivy Bridge Pioneers - Share Your Experiences!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,
so here is my second ivy bridge build:
Z77X-UD5H
i7 3770K @ 4,2 GHz
Sapphire HD 6870

Nice Geekbench score:
Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 09.46.57.png

and a very nice Cinebench score:
Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 11.46.34.png

Every thing works except for the front USB 3.0 Ports and only 2 Audio ports work, because i don't know how to edit the DSDT.aml. But thats no problem, because only one stereo port is needed.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 09.46.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 09.46.57.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 317
  • Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 11.46.34.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-23 um 11.46.34.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 265
I have the most common configuration except my choice of CPU:
GA-Z77-DS3H
Intel Xeox E3-1230 V2 IVY Bridge
Colorful HD 6870
16G Samsung RAM
Intel 520 120G ( applied for refund since intel is recall the 520 serial?

Following Tony's guide and installed 10.7.3 with HelperBridge 3.0 without any problem.

* USB3 Port is not working at USB3 speed but normal usb 2.0
* Sleep did not work which is not critical for me
* My Bur-Ray combo drive acted very weird. normally it is working but almost randomly,the system pop-up a windows and ask there is new blank disk has been insert the drive. then I lost the control of my optical drive until next reboot.
* Since the patched kernal has been used, there is no iCloud and iMessage for me. for next generation of OS X, iCloud plays a very important role. I think all the Hacintosh users will appreciate if this issue can be fixed.

Not sure that which way should I to upgrade to 10.7.4, or maybe I should wait until full support of Ivy Bridge comes from Mountain Lion.

lastly, I would like to thank Tony and other great guys who made such a great community for us. (and sorry for my English)

hornslee said:
* My Bur-Ray combo drive acted very weird. normally it is working but almost randomly,the system pop-up a windows and ask there is new blank disk has been insert the drive. then I lost the control of my optical drive until next reboot.
* Since the patched kernal has been used, there is no iCloud and iMessage for me. for next generation of OS X, iCloud plays a very important role. I think all the Hacintosh users will appreciate if this issue can be fixed.

Not sure that which way should I to upgrade to 10.7.4, or maybe I should wait until full support of Ivy Bridge comes from Mountain Lion.

* I have the same **** with DVD-RW drive :)
* If you'll upgrade to 10.7.4 and Bridge Helper 5.0, you'll get an iCloud working perfectly ;)

jhuerta1792 said:
Hello and my only problem so far is that no HDD are detected during part/step 5 - installing part of Tony's guide: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052

My MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

I have tried everything:
-AHCI was already set by default on my mobo.
-Plugged my HDD to all SATA ports (2x6GB/s and 4x3GB/s)

Everything else boots up fine (including my windows drive). The OS X installer boots up fine (no errors with no flags at all). It's just no HDD's are detected.

Have you formatted your HDD(s) correctly? When in the Lion installer, open Disk Utility and make sure to partition or format with GUID option.

sky said:
hornslee said:

* I have the same **** with DVD-RW drive :)
* If you'll upgrade to 10.7.4 and Bridge Helper 5.0, you'll get an iCloud working perfectly ;)

thanks, you mean use the official update combo from apple? then install the BridgeHepler 5.0 by booting from UniBeast USB drive?

Here's what I am running :

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
i7-3770 LGA1155

Everything is working great except I can not for the life of me get iTunes to register the new system. iCloud works fine, App store works fine, I can buy stuff from iTunes but it keeps saying I already have too many machines attached to my account. I only have 3 of 5 machines authorized at the moment.

I read that this is a ethernet problem and tried the many fixes found around this site. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'd love to squash this one last major annoyance.

Thanks for all the help!

Madtown said:
jhuerta1792 said:
Hello and my only problem so far is that no HDD are detected during part/step 5 - installing part of Tony's guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=59052

My MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V LX: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_ ... ifications

I have tried everything:
-AHCI was already set by default on my mobo.
-Plugged my HDD to all SATA ports (2x6GB/s and 4x3GB/s)

Everything else boots up fine (including my windows drive). The OS X installer boots up fine (no errors with no flags at all). It's just no HDD's are detected.

Have you formatted your HDD(s) correctly? When in the Lion installer, open Disk Utility and make sure to partition or format with GUID option.
That's my problem. Step 5 of tony's guide says to install it after unibeast was correctly written to the USB drive, which it was otherwise I wouldn't be booting up.

My Ivy Bridge Hac is very useable (and energy-efficient and totally silent which I find really awesome) but the following does not yet work:

- shutdown (it reboots) (after BridgeHelper 5.0) Fixed by disabling wake up on LAN in BIOS. Thanks kingkahn!
- sleep (it reboots) & wakeup (wake up never worked, sleep sometimes but always wakes up with a black screen)

Some installation issues but now 'resolved':
- had issue connecting Vertex 4 SSD to Intel SATA3 ports where the system froze and the SSD was no longer recognized until I disconnected the power (am using slower Marvel port for now without problems).
- had issue with non-working front USB ports but using different MB header worked
- initially, had issue with bad performance of EN210 graphics card. Somehow (new multibeast?) this resolved itself and the card now works very well with dual high-res screens on HDMI and DVI.
- during OS X installation I got stuck at the apple logo. Using another USB port (on the back) resolved this. Maybe the front USB ports don't have enough power?
- had to set the memory to 1600 in BIOS as it was incorrectly detected as 1333 MHz.

Not tested:
- sound (I use USB solutions and SoundSource, so would rather not have on-board sound working - too many sound output options to switch between)
- USB 3.0 speeds
- firewire
- HD4000 (hope to soon use this to lower power consumption even further)

What I would do differently:
- use cheaper MoBo (since onboard sound is not required by me anyway)
- use mATX and smaller case probably
- buy one screen until Apple fixes the useless fullscreen behavior with dual screens.

This site is fantastic. Thanks a lot for making building a Hackintosh so easy!

I have a GA 77X UD5H with 3770K, i want to eventually get full HD4000 working... will wait
ok here are the steps i followed.. useful to those folks who see waiting for root device problem on SATA disks

use a large USB disk to hold both the unibeast partition and also the usbLION partition

1 Create a Unibeast + Bridgehelper 5 on a 10gb usb partition
2 Install on the usbLION partition, boot from this partition
3 Do 10.7.4 update , then multibeast, then bridgehelper on the usbLION, reboot,
after this you should see the the SATA disks
4 Now create partition on SATA disk with GUID partition option
5 Using Disk Utility restore usbLION onto the SATA disk
6 Install bootloader on to the cloned SATA disk
7 Reboot directly onto the sata disk and apply networking and other fixes using multibeast

I have i7 3770K + GA-Z77-DS3H + Gigabyte Radeon 6870.

Everything is working except when i wake from sleep i can't access to the other computers in the network. I have internet but no intranet access.

After wake up i go to System preferences > Network and the Hardware duplex is gray, it should be full-duplex.

I disable/enable network card and everything is back to normal.

My Geekbench score is 14950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back