Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Pro 2010 [RECOMMENDED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any updates from TonyMac or MacMan on running the Total MacPro Build?
Core i7-930 - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Gigabyte GV R577UD-1GD - 6GB DDR3 RAM

I know that people have got the card working on other builds (http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4603) but just wondering if someone had a done the full build?

Should we do it with EasyBeast or will someone release a DSDT for this exact hardware combination?

Also I've been looking at the Hardware differences between Rev1 and Rev2 of the mother board and it seems as if it's just the ethernet - RTL8111D (Rev1) and RTL8111E (Rev2) so I'm hoping that both versions of the mobo will be supported? (RTL8111D is in a lot of the supported P55 boards?

Should I stop concerning myself with DSDTs as the new MultiBeast will get everything working?

:geek:

AllanMarcus said:
I posted my step by step at

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4665

Almost everything working except wake from sleep and sound. I don' know how to solve those two.

I think I'm going to go for the Gigabyte graphics card after the guys have changed up their recommended card for the build.

Thanks for the guide though, I'll definitely be contributing when I've done mine!

The modo supports only 1333MHz and 1.5V RAM devices. Isn't there a problem if you use OCZ 1600MHz 1.65V?

Sorry for my English

World_emp said:
The modo supports only 1333MHz and 1.5V RAM devices. Isn't there a problem if you use OCZ 1600MHz 1.65V?

Sorry for my English

Actually according to Gigabytes Website in their Qualified Venders memory spec sheet, the motherboard supports all the way up to DDR3 2100 memory. I unfortunately ordered RAM that was not on their list and am having trouble with it, but I'm returning it for one on the list and should be in today. It has been the cause of many problems so right now I'm running the RAM at the Bios Failsafe speed and the system runs just fine. I'll crank it back up to full speed (1600) when my new pack of RAM gets here today!

(Qualified Venders List is enclosed)

I'm gonna get this RAM:
OCZ 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 2000MHz Gold Memory Kit CL10(10-10-10-30) 1.65V
manufacturer #: OCZ3G2000LV6GK

It has low profile heat sinks and is on the supported lists for both the Rev1 and Rev2 boards:
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-x58a-ud3r_v2.0.pdf
http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-x58a-ud3r.pdf

After the issues Hackintoshron had - I'd stick to ones on the list.

Also I think it was Lnx2Mac who changed his RAM so it was low profile heat sink to fit under his CPU cooler:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/2010/06/installing-mugen-2-revb-cpu-cooler-on.html

Ordering my hardware this week!

World_emp said:

Sorry for my English
OCZ 1600 works great at 1600, easier to use at that speed than on a P55 board.

MacMan said:
World_emp said:

Sorry for my English

Macman you finish testing yet? Anxious to see your findings that all. Not rushing you! You guys rock man! :headbang:

MacMan said:

Can you post exactly the BIOS changes you made to use 1600? I changed the multiplier to 12 and it now shows as 1600, but there are warning lights on my MB. Are there other settings to change as well, like voltage or anything else? As a long time Mac guy I'm not not up to date on over-clocking.

MacMan said:

But isn't better to install a fully supported RAM module and not to chose one that has to be overclocked?

I'm also looking for a Nvidia Graphic Card that works fine on 64-bit and is supported by MultiBreast... Any guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back