Contribute
Register

Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

Can I made the complete installation of Mac Os X with Apple Magic Mouse, and Apple Bloetooth Keyboard? O I need wired keyboard and mouse?

THANKS

The Corsair 650TX modular PSU will cause fits for people trying to squeeze it (and the cabling) into the small PSU compartment in the BitFenix Prodigy. The Silverstone ST45F-G (450W, SFX form factor, fully modular, 80+ gold efficiency rating) is a far easier solution to install. This PSU has all of the cable options you'll need (2x PCI-E, 24pin and 12V CPU, Molex and SATA) and it includes an SFX-to-ATX adapter plate for clean installation. I have it powering my Radeon HD6870, 2 SSDs, a few fans and a liquid CPU cooling system (Antec Kuhler 620) without problems.

Thanks for the tip. Much rather go with a fully modular over the Corsair semi-modular.

I was wondering, isn't the h77n-ds3h mobo a better choise? compared to the h77n-wifi, i mean. it has no wifi, but wifi's not working for hackintosh anyway, right?
the ds3h supports up to 32 gb ram instead of 16 max for the wifi. and last but not least the ds3h is about 30 euro's cheaper. am i overlooking something?

There is no such thing as the H77N-DS3H.

There is the GA-H77-DS3H which is a full size ATX board. The GA-H77N-WIFI used in the CustoMac Mini is a Mini-ITX board.

There is no such thing as the H77N-DS3H.

There is the GA-H77-DS3H which is a full size ATX board. The GA-H77N-WIFI used in the CustoMac Mini is a Mini-ITX board.

So i WAS overlooking something...I guess i won the prize for the silliest post of the week! Still i think there SHOULD be a H77N-DS3H mobo, though but thanks for helping me out of the dream!

Sorry this may seems like a stupid question but... I do not see any other PCI Express ports for the TP-Link Wifi Adapter! Does that mean I have to either sacrifice my dedicated graphic card for the wifi adapter?

qkvengeanceyou can get a mini-pci card such as the Atheros AR9280 which means you can use your GFX card and just replace the motherboard wireless card with the one mentioned. You therefore don't need the TP-Link. Have a look on eBay. The Dell 1505 Wireless Wifi Draft N 802.11n Mini Pci-e Card also does the same thing.

qkvengeanceyou can get a mini-pci card such as the Atheros AR9280 which means you can use your GFX card and just replace the motherboard wireless card with the one mentioned. You therefore don't need the TP-Link. Have a look on eBay. The Dell 1505 Wireless Wifi Draft N 802.11n Mini Pci-e Card also does the same thing.

Thank you for your suggestion. I will look for it asap. Happy ThanksGiving :D

Happy ThanksGiving qkvengeance. Hope you had a good one.

Any recommendations for a decent/silent CPU cooler and CUDA based GFX card? I would like to build a near silent BitFenix Prodigy editing rig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back