Contribute
Register

Build Log: Asus P8Z68-V PRO, i5 2500K, Sapphire HD 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently built on a p8z68-v LE board and got Lion running now with everything seeming to be functional, my questions is with the AUDIO!

my audio works but at all volume levels i have maybe 8-10db buz static white noise hum thing... going on, sound works fine just that hum is there the whole time. and it's there [ at the same "strength" no matter what volume i set my stuff at, all the way down to muted, where it suddenly disappears.

and ideas guys?! :banghead:

sgmsm said:
I recently built on a p8z68-v LE board and got Lion running now with everything seeming to be functional, my questions is with the AUDIO!

my audio works but at all volume levels i have maybe 8-10db buz static white noise hum thing... going on, sound works fine just that hum is there the whole time. and it's there [ at the same "strength" no matter what volume i set my stuff at, all the way down to muted, where it suddenly disappears.

I think this is a problem with the mobo, I have a constant static noise in Win 7 or OSX and when I scroll a page it makes a noise through my speakers. All of this is even when the OS is muted. I have searched google and it seems many others are having the same problem using this mobo in normal Windows environments.

AK47UK said:
sgmsm said:

I think this is a problem with the mobo, I have a constant static noise in Win 7 or OSX and when I scroll a page it makes a noise through my speakers. All of this is even when the OS is muted. I have searched google and it seems many others are having the same problem using this mobo in normal Windows environments.

mmm thats not my issue cause in Win7 for me i have zero static and i've noticed on my mac @ work that thing with the mouse scroll = noise on the speakers but not on my pc[mac and win] it's jsut a constant static

AK47UK said:
Quick post from me with my experience. I have finally completed my build:

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/GEN3
Intel i5-2500k
16GB G.Skill RipjawsX
2GB Point Of View Nvidia GTS450
128GB Crucial M4 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate / OSX Lion dual boot

I am using BIOS 3101 (just noticed 3102 was released 3 days later) and I didn't have to disable speedstep or turbo to get the system up and running. I haven't actually read anywhere why those options were supposed to be disabled.

I used default BIOS settings without any problems and I have now enabled the iGPU as well as my card so in Windows I can use lucidlogix virtu.

Bluetooth worked without any tweaking but I will be following your info for enabling USB3.

When I tried to use the DSDT with Lion Multibeast it caused kernel panics so I started again and installed easybeast along with any additional options I wanted from multibeast. I have full screen full res display and my Dell ST2210 monitor is recognised correctly.

Will be tweaking the setup to get as many of my additional components running in Lion but so far so good. Did take me 7 days to get this far though, one of the main problems was the USB devices not being recognised so I used a PCI PS/2 card which did the job. Now my wireless microsoft desktop works fine.

Hi bro,
I 've just built a similar system to yours just 2 days ago and intending to install MacOS on it. I'm very confused becoz dont know where to start, can u help me :)

haiwood said:
Hi bro,
I 've just built a similar system to yours just 2 days ago and intending to install MacOS on it. I'm very confused becoz dont know where to start, can u help me :)

Follow this guide and lmk if you need any pointers.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46778

Hope you guys don't mind me posting here, I have a similar board but am looking for some expert help as I am a noob.

First, I have flashed the modded BIOS for my board, found here: http://bios4asus.blogspot.com/

I created a USB bootable drive using Unibeast. I can boot from that drive and install Lion 10.7.3 successfully. I can reboot the PC and use the USB bootloader to boot back into Lion.

I was looking to get firewire and other chipset functionality as well as graphics support in OSX. I can't find a DSDT for my board. I tried using a DSDT from a similar motherboard and install it via Multibeast v4.3.2, I made sure that I also checked the System Utilities box. After Multibeast completes and I reboot my system, it hangs at the Apple logo. I booted with the "-v" option and this is how far it's getting: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23657030@N05/7107403117/sizes/l/in/photostream/

I have tried different selections in Multibeast as well such has just selecting Easybeast and System Utilites. I have pulled the DSL file for my board: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukw5oy58dgrr7u6/My P8Z68 DELUXE-GEN3.dsl

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back