Contribute
Register

Build from 2017, wondering about current MacOS compatibility?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
CPU
i3-6100
Graphics
Intel HD 530
Hi guys!

First of all, I need to say I really appreciate this community, there is a lot of good content. I have registered today as I need some help.

Using the guide on this page, I built a Hackintosh back in 2017. This is the one:

Intel Core i3-6100 (Dual-core, LGA1151) -> Integrated graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 530
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Intel Z170 ATX
RAM Crucial 8 GB (DDR4, DIMM 288, 2133 MHz)
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB (540 MB/s, SATA III, 2,5")
NOX Urano SX 500W

I would like to install a new 500GB SSD and install the most recent compatible MacOS version on this machine.

I have been reading a bit, and I think Ventura is the last version I can install, as Sonoma is incompatible with Intel® HD Graphics 530 GPU.

Please, could you give some light? And also which SSD model should I buy and which guide follow?

Thank you!

Hi guys!

First of all, I need to say I really appreciate this community, there is a lot of good content. I have registered today as I need some help.

Using the guide on this page, I built a Hackintosh back in 2017. This is the one:

Intel Core i3-6100 (Dual-core, LGA1151) -> Integrated graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 530
Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Intel Z170 ATX
RAM Crucial 8 GB (DDR4, DIMM 288, 2133 MHz)
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB (540 MB/s, SATA III, 2,5")
NOX Urano SX 500W

I would like to install a new 500GB SSD and install the most recent compatible MacOS version on this machine.

I have been reading a bit, and I think Ventura is the last version I can install, as Sonoma is incompatible with Intel® HD Graphics 530 GPU.

Please, could you give some light? And also which SSD model should I buy and which guide follow?

Thank you!
Monetery, unless you spoof your skylake system as a kabylake system and then you can use Ventura

Follow the OpenCore Skylake guide.

Western Digital SSD or NVME drive would be my recommendation.

You might want to think about adding a compatible AMD graphics card to your setup, disabling the IGPU and using a SMBIOS for an iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1. With the right GPU (Polaris or newer) you could then run macOS Sonoma.

Back