Contribute
Register

Build for graphics, photo & video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? Judging by your post I wonder if you should even talk about "pros". First off: all keyboards are mechanical, I think you mean "wired". Secondly, "wireless is gay" is just plain stupid, ignorant and insulting. Grow up! Thirdly, you're just plain wrong.

in1985: There are minimal USB Bluetooth adapters that work very well with OS X. One of them is Belkin F8T016N.

I meant mechanical keyswitches lol, not wired. sorry to get your panties in a bunch. but ya, the "first off" and "thirdly" part of your lecture was gay and meaningless, thanks though!

550ti runs with the driver directly from Nvidia with no issues whatsoever.

I meant mechanical keyswitches lol, not wired. sorry to get your panties in a bunch.
Yeah, because wireless keyboard don't have mechanical switches? Right. :rolleyes:

but ya, the "first off" and "thirdly" part of your lecture was gay and meaningless, thanks though!
To reiterate: Grow up. Or at the very least change your attitude.

Yeah, because wireless keyboard don't have mechanical switches? Right. :rolleyes:

Sorry to burst your bubble but mjmm88 is right you're wrong theres an extreme difference between this: http://tinyurl.com/bfc8ny7

Those are standard none mechanical switches yes the system is technically mechanical. But theres a such a thing as a "Mechanical Keyboard" which when talking about keyboards always refers to something like this: http://tinyurl.com/b9m5ych

That use either Blue, Red, Black, Brown, etc... switches that have a far higher response rate and tactical feedback along with almost always having multi key press of 10+

Wireless or not that has literally NOTHING to do with the switches the keyboard uses.

Next time please go do some research before telling people they need to grow up, they're wrong, or ignorant.

Gentlemen. please. Cease the name calling and bickering.
From the FAQ:
While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

While I find BT useful on a laptop because it's one less dongle to use up a USB port, in a desktop environment where I'm often pausing from using either the keyboard or mouse for a while I've found the disconnect/reconnect interruptions quite annoying. I'm not sure how much the BT device has to do with this, but it was really bad with my first BT mouse and with the 1st-gen Apple BT keyboard.

These days I mainly use Logitech keyboards and mice, and their shared USB "Unity" RF dongle Just Works without needing OS support (although Logitech do provide OS X software to let you config buttons, check battery level, etc). No suspend/resume issues either. But if I found a keyboard which had great mechanics, MM keys, etc I wouldn't be too worried if it wasn't wireless.

As for BT on the UP5-TH with the WiFi/BT card, my impression was that it was only the WiFi side that wasn't working. Can anyone confirm?

Hi guys,

Below is the system I've ordered. I've also ordered an apple bluetooth module off ebay. I went with the GTX660 GPU in the end as after a lot of reading, in photoshop, premiere etc, there seems to be very very little difference in performance between the 660 and 680 and it was a lot cheaper:

I've also ordered 2 x 27" 2560 x 1440 monitors to go along with it :)

It'll arrive in a few days. Can't wait. What's the best guide to getting OSX up and running on this setup?

Thanks again guys, this forum has been great.

Cheers,

Grant

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH/Z77/4 x DDR3/3 x PCI-E3.0 x 16/3 x SATA3/10 x USB3.0/2x THUNDERBOLT/HDMI/D-S
Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache
Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD GTX660 2GB,1033/6008MhZ,HDMI
Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) Vengeance CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 1600MHz DDR3 CL9
Intel Core i7 3770K/3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/LGA1155 Ivy Bridge
OCZ 512G Vertex 4 Series SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R White Mid-Tower Case No PSU
Corsair GS600 600W ATX Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze

Hi guys,

Below is the system I've ordered. I've also ordered an apple bluetooth module off ebay. I went with the GTX660 GPU in the end as after a lot of reading, in photoshop, premiere etc, there seems to be very very little difference in performance between the 660 and 680 and it was a lot cheaper:

I've also ordered 2 x 27" 2560 x 1440 monitors to go along with it :)

It'll arrive in a few days. Can't wait. What's the best guide to getting OSX up and running on this setup?

Thanks again guys, this forum has been great.

Cheers,

Grant

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH/Z77/4 x DDR3/3 x PCI-E3.0 x 16/3 x SATA3/10 x USB3.0/2x THUNDERBOLT/HDMI/D-S
Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda 64mb Cache
Gigabyte GV-N660OC-2GD GTX660 2GB,1033/6008MhZ,HDMI
Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) Vengeance CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9 1600MHz DDR3 CL9
Intel Core i7 3770K/3.50GHz/8MB CACHE/LGA1155 Ivy Bridge
OCZ 512G Vertex 4 Series SSD
Corsair Carbide 500R White Mid-Tower Case No PSU
Corsair GS600 600W ATX Power Supply, 80 PLUS Bronze

there's a lil more than very very small, cuse they somehow fit the 670 between em. unless you plan on duelling the 660's! then youll have cuda like a mu****a

edit: dude get the 680, your gettin a 512ssd AND a 2tb hdd, you literally gonna have more than twice the space i got lol. why the massive ssd i run avid, final cut, and priemere pro on a 128gb

Sorry to burst your bubble but mjmm88 is right you're wrong theres an extreme difference between this: http://tinyurl.com/bfc8ny7

Those are standard none mechanical switches yes the system is technically mechanical. But theres a such a thing as a "Mechanical Keyboard" which when talking about keyboards always refers to something like this: http://tinyurl.com/b9m5ych

That use either Blue, Red, Black, Brown, etc... switches that have a far higher response rate and tactical feedback along with almost always having multi key press of 10+

Wireless or not that has literally NOTHING to do with the switches the keyboard uses.

Next time please go do some research before telling people they need to grow up, they're wrong, or ignorant.
Yes, that was my point exactly actually. Maybe I should have written "can't" instead of "don't".

As for BT on the UP5-TH with the WiFi/BT card, my impression was that it was only the WiFi side that wasn't working. Can anyone confirm?
Assuming it's the same Intel Centrino card as on the mini-ITX boards (looks like it is), the Bluetooth will work OOB, while the WiFi will not.

Assuming it's the same Intel Centrino card as on the mini-ITX boards (looks like it is), the Bluetooth will work OOB, while the WiFi will not.
Cool. With my UP5 build I don't need WiFi but the BT is a nice bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back