Contribute
Register

Budget LGA 1155 Mini ITX motherboard that is compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4590
Graphics
AMD Radeon R9 380 2GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello all,

I have had success with Hackintoshing, and I finally want to create a Hack Mini. I already have a case, RAM, PSU, and processor, the Intel Core i5 2400.

What I really need now is a motherboard, and I am currently searching everywhere for compatible LGA 1155 Mini ITX boards. I am very aware that there are numerous around the internet, but the ones that I have found that are compatible to the fullest extent cost way too much to be reasonable.

Are there any LGA 1155 Mini ITX boards that don't cost a fortune and are compatible with Mac OS?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I have had success with Hackintoshing, and I finally want to create a Hack Mini. I already have a case, RAM, PSU, and processor, the Intel Core i5 2400.

What I really need now is a motherboard, and I am currently searching everywhere for compatible LGA 1155 Mini ITX boards. I am very aware that there are numerous around the internet, but the ones that I have found that are compatible to the fullest extent cost way too much to be reasonable.

Are there any LGA 1155 Mini ITX boards that don't cost a fortune and are compatible with Mac OS?

Thanks!

You're most likely going to have to go used - there aren't very many new LGA 1155 boards available anymore. Amazon does have several Intel brand boards available at fairly reasonable prices (including the DQ77KB and the DH61AG, both Thin MiniITX) and one Gigabyte (GA-H77TN, also Thin MiniITX form factor). I believe a few people have used the Intel boards (do a search here on the model numbers), but for ease of installation I would say the Gigabyte is the most likely candidate. If you go for a used board (on eBay and other sources), look for one from the previous Buyer's Guide for Sandy Bridge hardware. Good luck!

The Gigabyt B75 mini itx is one of the easiest -if not THE easiest- hack I've ever built. And I've built quite a few. But as the previous poster stated. An AS Rock gave me a lot of grief. And I did an MSI B75 too, but I can't remember what I did with it. It must be somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back