CPU
i5-2400
Graphics
GTX 550TI
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone,

I've freshly installed OS X Yosemite over my trusty ProBook 4340s using the Clover method, and I'm finding that to change the brightness or audio volume for the first two minutes after boot I can just use the actual key (F2, F3 etc.) without the use of Fn. However after then I need to use the Fn key + F2 to turn the brightness down for example.

Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to modify this behaviour?

Cheers!
Craig

Is anyone else experiencing this...

No.

Do a fresh install to see if you can reproduce the problem. It is likely a 3rd party software you have installed.

No.

Do a fresh install to see if you can reproduce the problem. It is likely a 3rd party software you have installed.

Unfortunately at the time of posting this was a completely fresh install, with no 3rd party applications installed. I will try a fresh install however and get back when I can :thumbup:

Edit: Unchecked the top option and now it works..
Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 23.58.06.png

Unfortunately at the time of posting this was a completely fresh install, with no 3rd party applications installed. I will try a fresh install however and get back when I can :thumbup:

Edit: Unchecked the top option and now it works..
View attachment 108185
Was having the same problem, but like you was able to toggle the described setting in system preferences. Does it stay this way for you and save the change? I find I have to go back in on start up and sometimes after sleep and turn it off again.

I have the same problem too, and whenever I start the Mac OS X, it either be fn+function or function only :O
I do the same in the preferences, but I still have the same problem sometimes it is fn+function and sometimes function only !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back