Contribute
Register

BridgeHelper 2.0 with 10.7.3 Kernel from 10.6.7 MBP Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you use the standard 10.6.7 update you will need to install the new kernel so you should use the new bridgehelper.

If you install the early 2011 mbp version of the 10.6.7 update then there is no need to install bridgehelper because the new kernel is installed as part of the update.

Once you have the new kernel installed you need the sandy bridge version of chameleon to go with it (and no boot flags are required).

AndyStubbs said:
If you use the standard 10.6.7 update you will need to install the new kernel so you should use the new bridgehelper.

If you install the early 2011 mbp version of the 10.6.7 update then there is no need to install bridgehelper because the new kernel is installed as part of the update.

Is there any difference between those two options once all is said and done?

kcarbone927 said:

Unfortunately I have no idea because I didn't use multibeast or bridgehelper and instead installed cleanly from a 2011 mbp install dvd.
I was merely trying to help by clarifying when you need to use bridgehelper and when you don't.

AndyStubbs said:
kcarbone927 said:

Unfortunately I have no idea because I didn't use multibeast or bridgehelper and instead installed cleanly from a 2011 mbp install dvd.
I was merely trying to help by clarifying when you need to use bridgehelper and when you don't.

Hi Andy ,

Although I have a stable running Hackintosh atm. using just the original Snow Leopard install DVD , I also tried to clean install from a 2011 mbp install DVD and failed . Did you use iBoot ?

After a fresh 10.6 / 10.6.3 Retail DVD Installation and a Combo Update to normal 10.6.7 with installing these Kernel there isn't a Busratio limit. I have mine running 3.3GHz without any Kernel Panics or so on - BUT DON'T INSTALL SLEEPENABLER IT WILL CRASH YOUR SYSTEM! And if you get a black screen after the Apple Boot Screen with an ATI Card you have to write in boot.plist "Graphics Enabler = No" - This worked with my HD5670! :D
Vanilla Kernel FTW :D

bazzazz said:
Although I have a stable running Hackintosh atm. using just the original Snow Leopard install DVD , I also tried to clean install from a 2011 mbp install DVD and failed . Did you use iBoot ?
I'm 99% sure you can't use a Restore DVD (such as the one that came with a MacBook Pro). You must use a standard retail Snow Leopard disc. Restore discs are significantly different from OS Install discs.

bazzazz said:
Hi Andy ,

No, I used a home made boot cd. I see you have the same motherboard as me so you can try the same boot cd - should work fine. http://www.mediafire.com/?bjf5a8gemiuc2p8

timy-t said:
After a fresh 10.6 / 10.6.3 Retail DVD Installation and a Combo Update to normal 10.6.7 with installing these Kernel there isn't a Busratio limit. I have mine running 3.3GHz without any Kernel Panics or so on - BUT DON'T INSTALL SLEEPENABLER IT WILL CRASH YOUR SYSTEM! And if you get a black screen after the Apple Boot Screen with an ATI Card you have to write in boot.plist "Graphics Enabler = No" - This worked with my HD5670! :D
Vanilla Kernel FTW :D

I can confirm this works! Cheers Timy :thumbup:

With graphics enabler set to 'No' Im am able to boot at any bus ratio

AndyStubbs said:
bazzazz said:
Hi Andy ,

No, I used a home made boot cd. I see you have the same motherboard as me so you can try the same boot cd - should work fine. http://www.mediafire.com/?bjf5a8gemiuc2p8

Thanks Andy, will give it a try when I get home tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back