Contribute
Register

Breakthrough on iTunes protected video, but still bad news, DPCP related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I-5 2500k SB with z68 msi ma-gd45, nvidia 650ti, nvidia web drivers, latest update of OS X plays hd content in iTunes no problem. Also have an I-5 haswell with Z87 msi ma-gaming, nvidia 960, nvidia web drivers, and latest update of OS X. The Haswell system only plays sd content in iTunes. HD content shows black screen, timer never moves, can exit out of the black black screen to main iTunes Store window. :banghead: Clover boot loader for both systems, smbios 12.1 on SB and 14.1 on Haswell.

May I ask either of you with working SB builds to share your SMBIOS? I'm starting to research what went wrong with my machine - it exhibits exactly the problem described for Ivy+ builds, with a black window and the time bar does not progress. In migrating to El Cap I also moved from Chimera --> Clover and changed from a MacBook Pro 8,2 SMBIOS to an iMac 12,2 SMBIOS.

FWIW, my hackintosh is connected to an Apple 27" LED cinema display via minidisplayport, and protected video doesn't play.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, with an XFX Radeon 6870 video card.

I *think* it used to work, before I upgraded to El Capitan. I vaguely recall that DRM video didn't work, then I did something driver-related which I don't remember, and DRM video started working. Then El Capitan and protected video stopped working.

I don't try to watch protected video on my hackintosh very often, thus my memory is a bit hazy. The bit about the Apple monitor not being any help is definitely true.

Hi Folks,

Running gigabyte GAZ68XUD4B3 EFI, 2600k, gtx680 DVI, Dell U2713HM Monitor, clover, imac 14.2, El Capitan 10.11.5

This system plays all iTunes DRM video fine...perfect really. Recently purchased a gtx980ti, put it in and all DRM material won't play(everything else plays perfect). Tried DVI and Display Port...nothing. Black screen. Turned off system, dropped the gtx 680 back in and it works perfect...both DVI and Display Port

Should I be able to play iTunes trailers with HD4000 connected to Dell U3417W with DP -> mDP cable? Now I only see green on trailers, I can hear the sound though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back