Contribute
Register

Booting from same hard drive (Win 7, Mac 10.7.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I have an Inspiron 14R N4110 laptop.

I have EVERYTHING (except battery, but who cares) working (posting this from Mac OS right now!) but I am forced to boot from rBoot everytime. I have used EasyBeast within Multibeast, and then used Chimera 6. (Reboots in-between.) After all this, it still gives me the OS error on boot up.

Any thoughts on what I could do?

PS. I also set OS partition to active using diskpart in Windows.

Oh in addition, I plug my iPhone 4S in and iTunes doesn't detect it, but it DOES charge. I searched multiple topics on this forum, but none of them had a clear solution that worked.

I just unplugged my iPhone from charging and the kernel panicked. It was fixed upon reboot, just tipping you guys off if that suggests some problem.

Okay well I see you're a mod, can you move this thread to the laptop 10.7 section for me?

matthew1111xbx said:
Okay well I see you're a mod, can you move this thread to the laptop 10.7 section for me?
Moved.

Good Luck!

Thanks because right now I was trying Chimera.

Also, if I have an NTFt external HDD and I also have data on it from windows that I don't want deleted, can I still use it as a Time Machine for my Mac OS?

There might be a workaround, but as far as I know the disk needs to be formatted HFS+ to work with Time Machine. So no, you can't use the NTFS drive without reformatting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back