MEDION MS-7616
CPU
i3 530
Graphics
GT 330
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hey guys,

a further problem of me, the other problems I fixed on myself.
Because I had got a "Can't find replacement of DSDT"-Error, I created with iasl.exe a DSDT.dsl file, with DSDTE I integrated this file to Mac.
Now, I've got a new error on -v:

Loading HPS File [Extra/DSDT.aml] 24323 Byte

FADT: Restart Fix Applied

Patched API Version 1 DSDT

Starting Darwin x86

I didn't patch this file, what is wrong with my DSDT?

What have I got to do to correct this error?

TheWiso

These messages are not "errors", they are showing Chameleon doing it's magic.

FADT restart is to "fix" on Intel chipsets any (FADT-ACPI table) issues that prevent restart, and to remove the need for any "restart" kexts.

Patching ACPI is also another bit of Chameleon magic.

If the machine is stopping or rebooting right after the Starting Darwin message, then you may have an incompatible processor-kernel combination. Either get new iBoot that has i3 support added to Chameleon, or possibly will work by adding busratio=x at Chameleon boot prompt (you'll have to check what is the right number for 'x' for your processor).

Wow, thanks for explaining!
After this message, the machine is rebooting.
Which numbers I have to enter for x? From 1 to 10 or 32/64?

TheWiso

Hey thanks!
Well, I tried the i3 numbers out. I could use 17, 22 and 23!
The apple loading screen appears but after 10 sec. my machine restarts...
Ok, I started again with "busratio=22 -v" and after following messages the PC restarts:

Waiting for DSMOS
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: :start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
DSMOS has arrived

Ok, MacMan says, that "Waiting for DSMOS" is a typical message that means that the video card is not supported. But I installed a driver, does that effect anything?
And do you know, what the message in the middle "ACPI_SMC_Platform..." means?

TheWiso

Waiting for DSMOS is not related to graphics really. It's the decrypt thing (fakesmc), and since DSMOS has arrived, thats OK. You get these 2 messages even on a real mac.

No real idea about the ACPI thing, I don't ever see that. (Am not booting from iBoot). I think it is related to use of iBoot (non-native power management, since using NullCPUPowerManagement etc).

Typically, soon after the DSMOS arrived info, is where graphics would switch to GUI mode (blue screen then desktop), so yes you still may have problems related to graphics.
Try booting with -v -x (verbose safe mode) rather than just -v.

humph said:
Waiting for DSMOS is not related to graphics really. It's the decrypt thing (fakesmc), and since DSMOS has arrived, thats OK. You get these 2 messages even on a real mac.

No real idea about the ACPI thing, I don't ever see that. (Am not booting from iBoot). I think it is related to use of iBoot (non-native power management, since using NullCPUPowerManagement etc).

Typically, soon after the DSMOS arrived info, is where graphics would switch to GUI mode (blue screen then desktop), so yes you still may have problems related to graphics.
Try booting with -v -x (verbose safe mode) rather than just -v.
In the context of where that quote came from was when someone booted up, that was the last message they saw and never got to the desktop. If I boot an H55 rig using Intel HD graphics with -v -x that is the last thing I see. Or if I try to boot with the ATI From Hell using those flags, I'll see that too.

Hey!

I got it! YEEEEEEEEEES!

I boot with
busratio=17 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Ok. One last thing. I want to boot everytime with this parameters.
In which file should I type in this commands to start evertime with the parameters?
And in which line should I type them?

TheWiso

TheWiso said:
Hey!

I got it! YEEEEEEEEEES!

I boot with
busratio=17 cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=No

Ok. One last thing. I want to boot everytime with this parameters.
In which file should I type in this commands to start evertime with the parameters?
And in which line should I type them?

TheWiso
Put them into your com.apple.boot.plist
There should already be a key entry for GraphicsEnabler, just change the string to no if it has yes. The others you can add to your Kernel flags (I can't remember off the top of my head if you need a comma after each parameter or not) like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=i386 busratio=17 cpus=1</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

If this doesn't work, add commas after each parameter in the kernel flag string and try again. (may have arch=x86_64 if you are booting in 64bit mode)

humph said:
..... One probable way is to delete all AppleIntelHD type kexts before reboot after the upgrade.

This worked for me too.

I was able to go straight to 10.6.8 update by first running UpdateHelper after initial setup....restarting... then updating to 10.6.8 and removing the Apple Intel HD kexts mentioned... from then on I could install MultiBeast and get other things working.

Of course, as @humph warns, my graphics are basic stretched resolution and no QI/CE ... it looks like people have been working on these graphics for a couple years... maybe Lion will offer something new but progress is slow.....but this is a topic for another thread ;)

Thanks so much for the "fix"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back