Contribute
Register

BoomR's Cube2.0: Core i5 2500K | H77M-ITX | 8GB RAM | HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I just have a few questions. I hope I'm in the right place to ask. Will the i7 ivy bridge work with this and any luck installing mountain lion?

BoomR, have you updated to 10.8.2, yet? Please post a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot.

BoomR, have you updated to 10.8.2, yet? Please post a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot.

You are SUCH the slavedriver, Stork! :lol: :mrgreen: :crazy:

Now that my G5 is all settled in, I started with a clean reload of ML on the Cube about an hour ago. Check out my progress over here at the ASRock H77M-ITX Owner's page.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

OK sir, by request. But before I share my MultiBeast screens, here's the background info:

As you saw in my other post, I was trying to get a little help over on the ASRock H77M-ITX Owners Page. There's a modded BIOS that evidently unlocks something in the UEFI related to AppleIntenCPUPower, plus a modified DSDT that activates or enables some audio features (as to the specifics of the audio, I'm still unsure). Personally, I didn't have a lot of luck using either of those (but upon further thought just now, it may have been user error LOL).

My success came from:
  • Reflashing my H77M-ITX board from v1.10 to the most recent version - v1.30
  • Not using the modified DSDT file
  • Discovering that there is a new kext/MultiBeast v5.2.1 option for those of us who are using a "chop suey" system (*6-series motherboard with Ivy Bridge processor OR in my case, *7-series motherboard with a Sandy Bridge processor). I think this is really the key to my success, based on the -v logs I was studying as my system was trying to boot.
  • Fresh install of Mountain Lion via the same USB key I used for my Recording Studio Rig 2.0 build
  • The following MultiBeast settings:
ML%2520MBeast1.png

ML%2520MBeast2.png

ML%2520MBeast3.png

Things that are working:

• USB2
  • eSATA
  • Ethernet
  • Audio
  • App Store/iTunes/iCloud

Still need to test:
  • Bluetooth
  • USB3
  • Sleep/wake
  • SpeedStep

Biggest thing I know for sure is not working: HDMI Audio. I fear my only solution for that is going to be returning to DSDT. Will need to study the HDMI audio posts. Again, maybe an added complexity is that I'm using HD3000 graphics due to Sandy Bridge 2500K when the board is H77/optimized for HD4000. :banghead:

...but will leave that for another day & time. Hope this helps!! :headbang:
BoomR

Thanks, BoomR. The amazing thing about this "hobby" is how much you learn about your hardware and Apple's OS X. :thumbup:

Thanks, BoomR. The amazing thing about this "hobby" is how much you learn about your hardware and Apple's OS X. :thumbup:

Indeed, my friend! As an additional/quick follow up, I reflashed my Cube again with samisnake's modded UEFI/BIOS and tried using that modded DSDT again. When I was having my KP issues with those 2 items, I hadn't figured out the MB option for "mixed systems" + I was selecting the PatchedIntelCPUPower option (despite the modded UEFI that fixes that issue).

KP....still... **sigh** I suspect it's because the modded DSDT isn't using a "mixed" hardware setup...??

So back to the v1.30 UEFI and the settings as posted, and all (but HDMI audio) is right with the world. :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back