HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

Last night I successfully built my first hackintosh, using Tony's suggested configuration for the low end build:

Intel Core i3-3225
Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI

After setting everything up with Unibeast/Multibeast, the system is running perfectly (actually running MUCH faster than my 07' 2.4ghz iMac), save for two small issues:

Using my Apple Magic Mouse / Apple Wireless keyboard I am getting terrible connectivity. Unless the keyboard and mouse are no more than 2 feet from the case, it will not connect (and when it does, it is extremely laggy). I know that those peripherals are bluetooth 2.0 (vs. the 4.0 on my H77). Is there a way to make my apple peripherals play nice with the on-board bluetooth?

My second issue is that when waking from sleep, I am not getting any video output (via HDMI). When I reboot, everything works as expected.

Any assistance with these two minor issues would be greatly appreciated!

My second issue is that when waking from sleep,

Make sure BIOS settings are set perfect as per recommended.

I am not getting any video output (via HDMI). When I reboot, everything works as expected.

Enable HDMI in BIOS and use the DSDT from database without it no HDMI audio.

For bluetooth try shifting the bluetooth to different port. Also make sure you get correct kext for it.

Make sure BIOS settings are set perfect as per recommended.

What are the recommended BIOS settings?

For bluetooth try shifting the bluetooth to different port. Also make sure you get correct kext for it.

What do you mean by shifting to a different port? How do I know what the correct kext is?

Thank you for your help!

I have the same issue, but with a Logitech Wireless Keyboard and mouse, my build is:

3570k i5
Z77N-WiFi

I checked and double checked the BIOS. Is there anything else that could contribute?

What brand is your Bluetooth USB adaptor? I have a feeling that the USB receiver could be to blame. I am going to build an Apple Bluetooth solution for inside my case instead as I have a spare, magic trackpad and keyboard.

Joe

What brand is your Bluetooth USB adaptor?

I am talking about using the on-board Bluetooth on my GA-H77-WIFI (which supposedly works). However, I have purchased a bluetooth USB dongle (Belkin F8T016v) that I have not been able to get working either (haven't been able to find any drivers/kexts).

[h=1][/h]

As embarrassing as it is, I must report that I have solved my bluetooth issue. Note to self: when a motherboard includes antennas for the included onboard wifi/bluetooth... use them. It occurred to me, while scouring the internet and coming across a picture of my motherboard (with antennas attached) that they just might have an impact on the performance of said included protocols. Yea, I'm a newb. Anyway, bluetooth is working splendidly now... if I can just figure out how to get sleep working (or rather, WAKING from sleep) than my hackintosh will be 100% functional!

I appreciate the lack of help that has fueled my tenacity to continue to search for solutions to my issues... many thanks! One down, one to go.

Disable "Wake on LAN" in BIOS and see if that makes an difference.l

Oddly enough, my BIOS does not have that option under Power Management like the Z77 does. The closest option I can find is ErP (in power management) and enabling this does not help at all:

Determines whether to let the system consume least power in S5 (shutdown) state. (Default: Disabled) Note: When this item is set to Enabled, the following functions will become unavailable: PME event wake up, power on by mouse, power on by keyboard, and wake on LAN.

Anyone have any ideas on where the "Wake on LAN" option is located? I've searched the manual and ErP is the closest thing I've been able to find.

Did you ever get this working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back