Contribute
Register

Bluetooth dongle not working in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can name your network connections whatever you want. Simply rename it if you want it to read WiFi.
I know that I could simply rename the connection but what it is strange for me that in System Information/Network screen the type of the connection is ethernet and not Airport even if the connection is really wifi.

Network2.PNG

Problem solved. I have removed and reinstalled the services into the network config panel and now everything is ok.

I've downloaded the fake kext from the link you give me but with that kext installed I don't have wifi anymore :crazy:

Try this one, attached...

Attachments

• FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 56
Try this one, attached...
With the new fake kext you sent me the wifi is ok but the Airport kext loaded is again AirPortBrcm4331 so handoff/hotspot is not activated.

Thanks anyway

With the new fake kext you sent me the wifi is ok but the Airport kext loaded is again AirPortBrcm4331 so handoff/hotspot is not activated.

Thanks anyway

Handoff/hotspot has nothing to do with WiFi. That is a bluetooth thing... Post EFI/Clover folder.

The purpose of FakePCIID is to make WiFi Airport Extreme. Do you see that in System Information?

Handoff/hotspot has nothing to do with WiFi. That is a bluetooth thing... Post EFI/Clover folder.
here is the clover folder

The purpose of FakePCIID is to make WiFi Airport Extreme. Do you see that in System Information?
yes I see this: AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x134) Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.106.98.100.24

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5 MB · Views: 72
Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.
Here's ioreg

I have done a lot of test on my Bluetooth device and I have found out that, even if the device is correctly detected by the system, I think that it doesn't works correctly.
For example I have tried to send a file from my real Macbook to my HackMac and I can't. I have also test a program called MacID to unlock a MacBook with the TouchID of an iPhone and the program doesn't recognize the HackMac bluetooth.
What could be, in your opinion, the correct way to test if a Bluetooth device works correctly? Keep in mind I don't use Bluetooth keyboard or mouse.
Ty

Attachments

• HackMacBook Pro di Andrea.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Here's ioreg

I have done a lot of test on my Bluetooth device and I have found out that, even if the device is correctly detected by the system, I think that it doesn't works correctly.

Could be a problem with the firmware you're loading... Are you using BrcmPatchRAM? If so, which firmware are you loading with it?

Or is the firmware built-in to the device?

Could be a problem with the firmware you're loading... Are you using BrcmPatchRAM? If so, which firmware are you loading with it?

Or is the firmware built-in to the device?
Yes I am, you suggested me in post 2.
I have found a BrcmPatchRAM that apparently was ok for my bluetooth device so I didn't uploaded the firmware.
I'm attaching also the correct firmware for my device.

Attachments

• BCM20702A1_001.002.014.1315.1419.hex.zip
    29.2 KB · Views: 43
  • BrcmPatchRAM.kext.zip
    979.8 KB · Views: 56
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back