RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My wifi and bluetooth using a Fenvi FV-T919 card seem to generally be working fine. However, when connecting via a bluetooth headset the audio lags by perhaps 3/4 of a second, enough to be distinctly noticeable. When the same headset is plugged into a standard audio cable to the motherboard there is no lag. In addition, when I connect the same headset to a macbook pro via bluetooth there is no lag.

I'm running mac os 13.1 on the build listed in my profile with OpenCore 0.8.8, which was the latest version when I first got this build working in January. This is the last issue I'm still trying to troubleshoot on this build.

Based on the Opencore guide I'm not using AirportBrcmFixup or BrcmPatchRAM. This part seems to indicate they are not needed for a Fenvi card.

Has anyone else experience this sort of audio lag? Or have you used/needed the kexts above for this card? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

@thursdayscoming You definitely don’t need any kexts for this card.

I gotta dig this thread up because I've been struggling with this card for ages now. WiFi is good, but Bluetooth isn’t.

Not only do I have the same issue with my headphones (Sony XM4), but also similar issues with other devices too and I'm running out of ideas.
- Audio dropouts on my headphones even when I'm sitting right in front of my PC.
- Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard are sometimes laggy.
- The Switch Pro Controller is the worst of them all, because it starts lagging and acting weird almost immediately as soon as someone passes by (Xbox One Controller is fine though!).

And by the way, this isn’t limited to Hackintosh/macOS. I’m using the Switch Controller in Windows for example.
And most importantly, I‘m NOT using 2,4 GHz WiFi.

I tried different antennas from Amazon already, because I figured the standard Fenvi antennas might be poor quality (that's what the internet says anyway).
I ordered 8 dbi antennas with great customer reviews but it made no difference.
I also thought it might be the back of my PC being a shitty spot in terms of getting a good BT signal, so I ordered some of these external receivers that come with an extension cable. No luck either, no matter where I place them.
I tried the antennas in every angle, I removed my PC from the wall, I even rotated my PC 90 degrees so there’s NOTHING in the way, all to no avail.
I plugged the card into another PCIe slot to see if it might have an effect (due to its distance to the USB ports or whatever).

I’m starting to believe that it‘s never been my antennas, but the card itself. But how can the card be THIS bad (at least for Bluetooth) and is there anything else I could try? Some people say they dismantled their card and changed the contacts so their BT isn’t right next to the 2,4 GHz WiFi antenna. But since I’m not using 2,4 GHz WiFi anyway, I don’t think this would help a lot (right?). :(

I removed the protection plate on the card and swapped contacts. Bluetooth is now the farthest from the motherboard instead of the closest. Haven’t tested much yet, but in the first couple of minutes of testing I can safely say it‘s night and day already.
As said, the Switch Pro Controller was affected the most before. It was impossible to play lag free for even 10 minutes. Now: haven’t had a single lag since swapping the contacts.

That being said, even if the lags do come back at some point, it‘s already an improvement of like 500%.

So if anyone with this card is suffering from poor BT performance, check which antenna‘s which and if your BT is on port 1, consider changing it.

Update after an hour of playing Yuzu. Controller is still holding up perfectly fine. Will be testing the Magic Mouse tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back