Contribute
Register

Bluetooth and IR inside a DVD-Burner? Works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say OP, that sadly (but in a good way) your English is much better than most typical people I know here in America even! Haha. Good job with your English, and awesome post!

Can anyone tell me if I did this with a MacBook ir, if I can use an official apple remote in both Mac and windows? How would it work in windows? What I wanna do is make an easy to use media center based around an apple remote for it's simplicity. I was hoping to do this with XBMC. Any ideas? :)

Thank you guys for the positive comments :)
I didn't know that my English is that good :D While reading articles and posts I think I got somehow a feeling of how to write/speak English. Even my thoughts are in English in such moments :D

I don't know if my Hackintosh wakes up by Bluetooth - I'll try it some time and tell you then.

I bought the IR-Receiver from ebay.com in the USA and shipping went without a problem!
The IR-Receiver works like a native Mac-Receiver. You can use it with Mac OS natively and for Windows I think you'll need the BootCamp-Driver for the receiver and then it should work, too.
At the moment I've to work much but when there is a little spare time I'll install Win7 x64 and I'll tell you then if it's working ;)

Great mod.

I stripped out the IR receiver from my old iMac, before I sent it for recycling. Then I spliced one end of a regular USB cable, soldered the receiver wires to the USB cable. Then I put the receiver inside an old bicycle backlight :D (stripped out the LEDs, and drilled a hole at the back for the cable). I'm using a regular USB port on the back, and it works perfectly. It's not as good a mod as described here, but it does have it's advantages. I can move IR port around for better reception, in case the computer is blocked.

Regarding using it in windows - I think it is possible if you install the correct bootcamp driver, but I haven't tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back