Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, first post here so I hope I'm not making any mistakes!
Anyway, here's the situation: back in January I found a guy in my town that was throwing away some stuff from his basement, and among that, there was this beautiful Blue and white (the darker blue) PowerMac G4 straight from the year 2000; I had to get it, and so I did. I planned from the beginning to craft a gaming PC, but since I can't stand regular gaming cases (glowing lights and aircraft design above all), I thought it was my opportunity to use and old tower Mac. I also got a functioning 20" ADC display (with the ill-famous Adapter) and the clear Pro Keyboard to match the "glossy" aesthetic of the computer.

So, after cleaning the inside (you don't know how poorly it had been treated), I marked what was missing: the PSU, the Zip Drive, the HDD and the front panel board; everything else had been left inside.
I have two major issues to fix:
- I need to find a PSU that can power up the system and, at the same time, let me maintain the case as intact as possible (I want to try and make holes on the steel cage only if necessary). I've seen the other builds on this site, and seems like using a 120mm fan PSU is the only viable solution, although needing to modify the case, so maybe there's and old 80mm fan unit that could be useful?
- I would like to reuse the original front button to power on the computer, but, as I said, I don't have the original board and zero skill with the soldering iron. What should I do? Again, all the guides I've read here show a custom-made board with the right connectors for the new mobo.
I need your help guys. I hope I can count on you.

Here's my build's specs:
Intel Core i5 4590, 3.3GHz
ASUS GTX960 2Gb GDDR5
ASRock H81-M DGS R2.0 microATX
Samsung 850 Evo 500Gb SSD
Corsair Vengeance 16Gb (2x(Gb) 1600MHz RAM

I think a 500W PSU should be good (also counting different peripherals and such). If you have any advice, it would be really helpful!
Gotta leave now, but I'll post some pics of the guts to give a better idea about the case later, stay tuned.

Thank you for the attention!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back