CPU
i5-1035G1
Graphics
Intel UHD Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm tried everything I know and can't figure this out and have spent days reading through other post and trying different things. When booting into Ventura using AAPL,ig-platform-id 01005c8a and platform Id 5c8a0000 just after verbose the laptop screen will go completely black like the monitor is sleeping but the system is still running in the background I've remote accessed into the system and can confirm full acceleration is working. I've tried every igfx boot arg I can find and still nothing works. Thinking it must be my EDID I got my hex read out of my EDID from windows and used hex to Base 64 and added to config file using the AAPL00,override-no-connect but didn't make any difference. I have a real MacBook and used the EDID from that and the backlight now works along with the backlight slider but still no graphic output to the laptop display. So now I'm stuck not sure what I need to do. I've tried different frame buffers all with the same result. The only reason Im using the platform id 5c8a0000 is from other posts with the same i5-1035G1 processor having success. Everything else on this laptop is working great have Bluetooth working, full trackpad with gestures, using a Tplink usb wireless adapter for now going to get a Broadcom card if I can get this sorted out. If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix this that would be awesome! Ive included my OC Folder with just the boot args that I've found that lead me to a successful boot using OC 0.9.0, along with my IO Reg of the system when in full acceleration and my EDID dump from windows.
Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 11.40.01 AM.png

Asus Vivobook 17 X7127
Intel core I5-1035G1 Ice Lake
Opencore 0.9.0
Boot args -v keepsyms=1 agdpmod=vit9696 -noDC9 -igfxblr igfxfw=2

Attachments

• Asus x712j ioreg.ioreg
    6.6 MB · Views: 45
  • OC.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Monitor.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I'm tried everything I know and can't figure this out and have spent days reading through other post and trying different things. When booting into Ventura using AAPL,ig-platform-id 01005c8a and platform Id 5c8a0000 just after verbose the laptop screen will go completely black like the monitor is sleeping but the system is still running in the background I've remote accessed into the system and can confirm full acceleration is working. I've tried every igfx boot arg I can find and still nothing works. Thinking it must be my EDID I got my hex read out of my EDID from windows and used hex to Base 64 and added to config file using the AAPL00,override-no-connect but didn't make any difference. I have a real MacBook and used the EDID from that and the backlight now works along with the backlight slider but still no graphic output to the laptop display. So now I'm stuck not sure what I need to do. I've tried different frame buffers all with the same result. The only reason Im using the platform id 5c8a0000 is from other posts with the same i5-1035G1 processor having success. Everything else on this laptop is working great have Bluetooth working, full trackpad with gestures, using a Tplink usb wireless adapter for now going to get a Broadcom card if I can get this sorted out. If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix this that would be awesome! Ive included my OC Folder with just the boot args that I've found that lead me to a successful boot using OC 0.9.0, along with my IO Reg of the system when in full acceleration and my EDID dump from windows.
Thanks!

View attachment 564944

Asus Vivobook 17 X7127
Intel core I5-1035G1 Ice Lake
Opencore 0.9.0
Boot args -v keepsyms=1 agdpmod=vit9696 -noDC9 -igfxblr igfxfw=2
you could try:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 0000528A
device-id 5C8A0000 if needed
change - framebuffer-unifiedmem 000000C0

no real need for:
agdpmod=vit9696

Boot Arguments:
add:
-igfxcdc -igfxdvmt

you would only have only 1 of these enabled:

Code:
<dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>V1.0</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Arch</key>
                <string>Any</string>
                <key>BundlePath</key>
                <string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>V1.0</string>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>ExecutablePath</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>PlistPath</key>
                <string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
            </dict>

Thanks for the suggestions but unfortunately still a black screen.

Back