Black Screen only on installation process on Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390 Gaming X
CPU
Graphics
5600XT
Hi, its my first hackingtosh and i'm stuck on the install process. I tried a lot of things and diferents guides and EFI's. I'm using the unibeast to create the usb (Catalina 10.15.4 downloaded from the appstore and SIP disabling), configured the bios and boot the installer but it end in a black screen. I cant see the apple logo, only a black screen. I'm using the HDMI cable from the GPU. Also tried disabling the iGPU and deleting WEG kext but nothing works for me. The display is receiving signal because it doesn't turn off. I think the problem is with the HDMI but i don't know how to resolve it. Can anyone help me with these? Thanks for the help!

I will upload my EFI folder this weekend without the serial number etc. to get you started. You will need to regenerate new keys.
For me everything works except:
- wake from with bluetooth (was working but I managed to break it again...)
- unlock with Apple Watch (approve works)
- sidecar (just have a black screen)

very common problem, search for black screen with AMD. you need boot args for Catalina

add this to boot args. agdpmod=pikera

Here is my EFI folder with new keys

Attachments

• EFI_sample.zip
    4 MB · Views: 64
I moved to OpenCore instead of Clover and I found it a lot easier to setup.
  1. Wake from bluetooth is working
  2. as well as sidecar thanks to the iGPU that is now used (turn on in Bios instead of Auto)
  3. approve with Apple Watch
  4. Full Hardware acceleration
  5. Faster booting
The only thing that does not work is Apple Watch unlock and I need to play with the kext for the CPU sensors

Attached is my EFI for those who want to try. Don't forget to add the serials and rename the folder.

Attachments

• EFI [Add your details in config.plist].zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
Good work man, I did notice that you have a lot of drivers that are not need and you have kexts that you should use one or the other... I am attaching my OC folder for you to review, for the best results, use only want I is needed. for System temps I use Intel Power Gadget. its free and display the data needed for system fine tuning.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.53.49 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 10.53.49 PM.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back