Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3
CPU
Intel i5 2400
Graphics
GeForce GTX 960
I just updated to 10.12 with the App Store app, and then to 10.12.1 with software update. Despite installing the latest NVIDIA web drivers (367.15.10.15f01), turning on the new Nvidia switch in Clover, turning on the drivers in SysPrefs (it switches back if I boot with nv_disable), running AGDPfix (even though it says it's only for MacPro and iMac15), trying both the "Boot graphics glitch, 10.12.dp1 (credit denskop)" and "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (board-id) Patch (c) Pike R. Alpha" kext patches, my computer still only boots to a black screen (shuts off monitor after progress bar goes away), at least without nv_disable. Since some of the threads mention iMac14,2 as a more compatible system definition, I considered switching (from iMac14,1), but I don't want to lose iMessages etc.

Is there anything I can do to diagnose this, or is there something left I haven't tried? Would any of the things I've done so far be considered harmful (and I should revert)? Is there a leftover patch, kext, or Clover setting somewhere that could break things? Is it possible to go back to 10.11 so I would at least have a system with graphics? Thanks for the help!

If your system profile is properly setup, you won't loose iMessage. Also, Pike's AGDP clover patch does not work in Sierra.

If your system profile is properly setup, you won't loose iMessage. Also, Pike's AGDP clover patch does not work in Sierra.
Alright, I disabled the AGDP patch, re-enabled the Boot graphics glitch patch, and changed to iMac14,2. Doesn't seem to have helped. Is there anything at all I can do to diagnose this?

Edit: Thanks for the help, by the way.

Alright, I disabled the AGDP patch, re-enabled the Boot graphics glitch patch, and changed to iMac14,2. Doesn't seem to have helped. Is there anything at all I can do to diagnose this?

Edit: Thanks for the help, by the way.

I've never found that the boot graphics glitch patch did anything for a Nvidia boot. It only works with IGP and the boot screen garble.

What kind of connection/cable are you using between the card and the monitor?

I've never found that the boot graphics glitch patch did anything for a Nvidia boot. It only works with IGP and the boot screen garble.

What kind of connection/cable are you using between the card and the monitor?
For fun I also tried disabling the boot graphics glitch patch again, still no dice.

The primary monitor is plugged in with DVI. I have a secondary HDMI monitor but I leave that unplugged until boot up because macOS doesn't like it even when behaving normally.

So I've just been using Windows/Linux for the past few months because I was fed up with trying to fix this. But today, I re-installed latest mac OS from USB (didn't erase), and updated the Nvidia drivers, and now it works! The only other thing that I changed was change <key>InjectKexts</key><string>Yes</string> to <key>InjectKexts</key><string>YES</string>. Weird.

So I've just been using Windows/Linux for the past few months because I was fed up with trying to fix this. But today, I re-installed latest mac OS from USB (didn't erase), and updated the Nvidia drivers, and now it works! The only other thing that I changed was change <key>InjectKexts</key><string>Yes</string> to <key>InjectKexts</key><string>YES</string>. Weird.
Let's try this, also faced that problem with my GTX 960.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back