Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! I am totally new to hackintosh. And I have a couple questions:My build is pretty much the same: prodigy case, gigabyte z77n-wifi mobo, i7 cpu, 16 gb vengence. The only thing I didnt get yet is video card and I believe thats why I cant get it to work. So my questions are:
1. Integrated video card is not enough to install/run hackintosh, is it?
2. Can I just swap my existing sata HDD with os x lion on it from my mac pro and use it instead of going through all the setup process (unibeast.....) or it wont work?
When i try to boot from my HDD or usb stick it goes to apple logo for a second and then back to boot/choose startup disk screen. I believe that it might be because of the low (not enough) graphics, right? Couple of times i managed somehow to boot from that HDD and it worked but the resolution was very low and I couldnt change it in system settings. But most of the time it just shows me apple logo for a sec and goes back to black screen/bios.
Any help is greatly appreciated, because my mobo on my mac pro just broke down and I need to fix my hackintosh ASAP since I dont have a working computer any more.

PS. In installation instructions it says that I am supposed to leave video card out anyway, so maybe it is not graphic problem??? I am confused... maybe I need to change something in bios to get it to load? after all I did manage to boot it after hours of changing different bios settings, but then I restarted it, and no boot again:oops:
Thanks everybody in advance.

hi melon
a noob need help help
i have a i7 3770k and ga z77n wifi set up no graphics card yet. basic build ml 10.8.2
what to know multibeast settings? audio and resolution not working. my monitor is connected via hdmi.

thank you

This is my graphics issue:

IMG_4322_zps3d03d45d.jpg

I get that on a cold start-up every time. Not when recovering from sleep though. It happens on both HDMI sockets and the DVI port. And unplugging the cable and re-inserting it fixes it. But Id obviously like it to just "work"!

Oh and powering off the monitor, changing to a different source and back etc, none of that works, only unplugging the HDMI cable

Hi everybody! I am totally new to hackintosh. And I have a couple questions:My build is pretty much the same: prodigy case, gigabyte z77n-wifi mobo, i7 cpu, 16 gb vengence. The only thing I didnt get yet is video card and I believe thats why I cant get it to work. So my questions are:
1. Integrated video card is not enough to install/run hackintosh, is it?
2. Can I just swap my existing sata HDD with os x lion on it from my mac pro and use it instead of going through all the setup process (unibeast.....) or it wont work?
1. Yes, if the CPU has HD4000 graphics. HD2500 won't work.
2. No. Hackintoshing requires drivers, bootloader and some magic that Unibeast and Multibeast provides.

When i try to boot from my HDD or usb stick it goes to apple logo for a second and then back to boot/choose startup disk screen. I believe that it might be because of the low (not enough) graphics, right? Couple of times i managed somehow to boot from that HDD and it worked but the resolution was very low and I couldnt change it in system settings. But most of the time it just shows me apple logo for a sec and goes back to black screen/bios.
Any help is greatly appreciated, because my mobo on my mac pro just broke down and I need to fix my hackintosh ASAP since I dont have a working computer any more.

PS. In installation instructions it says that I am supposed to leave video card out anyway, so maybe it is not graphic problem??? I am confused... maybe I need to change something in bios to get it to load? after all I did manage to boot it after hours of changing different bios settings, but then I restarted it, and no boot again:oops:
Thanks everybody in advance.
What CPU is it? Which i7?

hi melon
a noob need help help
i have a i7 3770k and ga z77n wifi set up no graphics card yet. basic build ml 10.8.2
what to know multibeast settings? audio and resolution not working. my monitor is connected via hdmi.

thank you
Should be the same as the ones I used.

[biiig picture]

I get that on a cold start-up every time. Not when recovering from sleep though. It happens on both HDMI sockets and the DVI port. And unplugging the cable and re-inserting it fixes it. But Id obviously like it to just "work"!

Oh and powering off the monitor, changing to a different source and back etc, none of that works, only unplugging the HDMI cable
Same problem I had. I linked a possible solution in the first post. Have you tried that?

Have you tried reset bios? I had about the same prob before I reset my bios.

EDIT: Almost 100% working (exception sleep) with these settings.

Screen Shot 2013-03-09 at 3.01.59 PM.png

I have one using a i7 2600k, 8GB of ram and a 560ti. but it's not working after using multibeast it just sit frozen at the apple load screen upon reboot.

Still trying to completely eliminate the HDMI issue, are you always using HDMI on one end or the other of the cable? Have you tried just using DVI to DVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back