Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey munitor did you installed the bootloader from the Multibeast? because i having some trouble booting to mountain lion if i remove the unibest usb from my pc,already installed the bootloader from multibeast but after i boot my pc i get a black screen with the option to boot to mountain lion,but is not working i cant boot in mountain lion.

In brief, what's the best way to retrofit Windows 7 gaming capability to this setup?
1. Get another harddrive or SSD.
2. Unplug the ones you have now.
3. Install the new drive and install Windows 7.
4. Re-plug the old drives and boot from the OS X drive.

1. Get another harddrive or SSD.
2. Unplug the ones you have now.
3. Install the new drive and install Windows 7.
4. Re-plug the old drives and boot from the OS X drive.

I have one SATA port left (I installed a blu-ray burner for my video editing) and was going to put a second 3 TB drive in the box as a backup to my primary drive. Will it work if I partition that second big drive so that one small partition is Windows and the rest TimeMachine?

hey munitor did you installed the bootloader from the Multibeast? because i having some trouble booting to mountain lion if i remove the unibest usb from my pc,already installed the bootloader from multibeast but after i boot my pc i get a black screen with the option to boot to mountain lion,but is not working i cant boot in mountain lion.

Yes, but I had to tweak my boot options in the BIOS to move my legacy boot options up to get my SSD on the list. The BIOS keeps wanting to put UEFI devices higher on the priority list. I never got a black screen when I was having problems. Either I'd get a boot0 (improperly written boot sectors), a "not a bootable drive" error (UEFI instead of legacy), or a gray screen (which comes from not having GraphicsEnabler=No).

Exactly what I do and use on a daily basis.

You just have to chose to boot into the drive partition called "System Reserved" to boot into Windows instead of OSX, in the chimaera bootloader screen.

Hey melon,

i have a similar build with the exception of a Intel Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770 and GIGABYTE GV-N670OC-2GD GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. I'm having some real issues with multibeast and drivers I can get the hackintosh to get out of the white apple screen on start up. If I boot in -x it works, but really messed up. I'm in need some some serious help. Could to give me a hand? I would really appreciate it

Hey guys, I currently have a 2008 Mac Pro 2.8 x 8 but I wouldlike to sell that and to build this but have an i7 3770 in it. Currently I am running 2 crappy intel x25 80gb SSDs on software RAID 0 in my Pro. Would the ga-h77n-wifi allow me to do a hardware RAID and would I be able to boot 10.8.2 off it? Also am I crazy to even consider getting rid of the Pro for this? I have a GTX 660 in the pro and mostly just use it to play x-plane and stracraft 2. I feel like the 800mhz memory speed is really slowing down my FPS in x-plane and I could get more building my own hackintosh even though I still score around 11300 in geek bench. I am not new to hackintosh, I built one with an asus p5k and core 2 duo back in the snow leopard days so I know what i'm doing. Seems like it has gotten a WHOLE lot easier. Thanks!

bjar,
Your Mac Pro would make a helleva case mod. I would recommend keeping the case and selling the components on eBay which should pay for your new system. Then, you can mod the case as others have done (see the The Workshop > Case Mods > Mac Pro forum section). Lots of good case mod's in The Workshop. :thumbup:

I have a Mac Pro case that I'll be mod'ing over the next couple of months. I'm going to use one of my GA-Z68MX-UD2H / i5-2500K / HD3000 to start out with. Once I complete the Mod, I'll be able to continuously upgrade it as new system come along.

bjar,
Your Mac Pro would make a helleva case mod. I would recommend keeping the case and selling the components on eBay which should pay for your new system. Then, you can mod the case as others have done (see the The Workshop > Case Mods > Mac Pro forum section). Lots of good case mod's in The Workshop. :thumbup:

I have a Mac Pro case that I'll be mod'ing over the next couple of months. I'm going to use one of my GA-Z68MX-UD2H / i5-2500K / HD3000 to start out with. Once I complete the Mod, I'll be able to continuously upgrade it as new system come along.

I thought about that but I don't want to mess with modding the case and parting it out. Plus I like the small form factor of the Prodigy. I have listed it for $1200 (included ATI 5770) in my local craigslist so I could have money left over after building this (going to put current gtx-660 in mackintosh and current hard drives). I've priced the hackintosh at 700 right now. Really I would rather see my Pro go to a good home than to tear it apart and try to mod. Its still an awesome machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back