Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks bittermelon for this guide :clap: :clap: :clap: it really help me a lot, finished building mine.... white prodigy case, gigabyte z77n mobo, i7 3770K procie overclocked to 4.2ghz with an h60 push & pull config using gt fans, 2x4gig gskill mems, 120gbyte vertex 3 ssd, 500w silverstone psu, reckon, and a gtx 285 2gig 256bit video card...

here's a screeny, again, thanks and thanks a lot bittermelon if not for this would have bought the asus itx mobo...

8097436100_fac7c59c19.jpg

No you're not, it's the first time you've mentioned it!

With the card I mentioned earlier I've seen a couple of posts with people claiming it works but also plenty saying it doesn't so I'm sure I have many hours of "learning" ahead of me.

Mine is going inside the Fractal Node 304, felt the Bitfenix was just too big...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5922/fractal-designs-node-series-htpc-chassis-at-computex-2012

Please report back on how you like the Node 304. Looks like an awesome case for a mini build.

(I'm just remembering now, though, that I dismissed this because of the lack of optical drive.)

anyone have solutions for "usb 2.0 storage devices" on this specific board(z77n-wifi)?

I do have many USB 2.0 storage devices and I'm quite annoying with this problem.
One solution is to get a hub. As far as I know, a USB 3.0 hub will work, which means you won't lose any performance (if that's an issue).

I installed Kuhler 620 today and now everything is well :D
Cool! :) (Or... kühl maybe ;) )

Btw, I noticed that USB 3.0 in case don't work properly, neither in OSX nor Windows. Does your work?
Yeah, they do. Just not for 2.0 storage devices (as per my first post). 3.0 devices and 2.0 mice and keyboards work. In both Windows and OS X.

thanks bittermelon for this guide :clap: :clap: :clap: it really help me a lot, finished building mine.... white prodigy case, gigabyte z77n mobo, i7 3770K procie overclocked to 4.2ghz with an h60 push & pull config using gt fans, 2x4gig gskill mems, 120gbyte vertex 3 ssd, 500w silverstone psu, reckon, and a gtx 285 2gig 256bit video card...

here's a screeny, again, thanks and thanks a lot bittermelon if not for this would have bought the asus itx mobo...

8097436100_fac7c59c19.jpg

How did you manage do overclock with the Z77N-Wifi board?
I've read something on overclock.com about the board not having vcore adjustments, is this true?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1316594/g...oltage-control

Hardly need vcore adjustments when a good 3770K will do 4.6 to 4.7 at stock voltage settings...

Yeah, apparently my hub works with it. Without it the computer doesn't recognize thumb-drives, my Wacom lags a lot and 360 controller doesn't work. Well, I don't need it for now. Shame though, it would be much easier to plug things on them than to the back. Luckily I have Apple keyboard with two ports :headbang:
Just to double check: You didn't plug in both the USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connector to the motherboard, did you? I know people have done this and gotten really funky results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back