1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
This is probably a weird question and most people probably won't have any need for this whatsoever.

I have my build up and running 100%! I'm very pleased with it actually. My problem is that I currently use wireless Apple keyboard and trackpad. I was wondering because I sometimes boot into Windows, is there a mini keyboard with just the keys for BIOS and chimera? Maybe like delete, arrows, enter, etc.? Thanks in advance. I couldn't find anything on Google.

This is probably a weird question and most people probably won't have any need for this whatsoever.

I have my build up and running 100%! I'm very pleased with it actually. My problem is that I currently use wireless Apple keyboard and trackpad. I was wondering because I sometimes boot into Windows, is there a mini keyboard with just the keys for BIOS and chimera? Maybe like delete, arrows, enter, etc.? Thanks in advance. I couldn't find anything on Google.

Is this what you are talking about? http://www.amazon.com/Mobee-Technology-Magic-Numpad-Transparent/dp/B005M1777G/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351714162&sr=1-1&keywords=Mobee+Technology+Magic+Numpad or maybe this - http://www.amazon.com/Cropmark-AG-WKP-1314-Bluetooth-Keypad/dp/B004CB56XE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351714355&sr=1-1&keywords=bluetooth+number+pad+for+mac

Yes and no. I guess a Numpad could work for selecting the boot option in Chimera (I'm not sure). But what I'm basically looking for is a super small USB keyboard. Or a USB keyboard just for use in BIOS - what I mean by this is it has maybe the F1-12 keys, delete, enter, error, etc. Anything that would be necessary for BIOS editing. I would just like something small for when I want to boot up Windows to game.

Yes and no. I guess a Numpad could work for selecting the boot option in Chimera (I'm not sure). But what I'm basically looking for is a super small USB keyboard. Or a USB keyboard just for use in BIOS - what I mean by this is it has maybe the F1-12 keys, delete, enter, error, etc. Anything that would be necessary for BIOS editing. I would just like something small for when I want to boot up Windows to game.

Have you looked at the Apple wireless that essentially cuts the wired aluminum keyboard off to the right of the delete/return/shift keys? Somewhere about 10"-11" wide and has the same keys as the notebook keyboards? Is that small enough? Don't know if it would work in BIOS, but should work enough to select an OS to boot at Chimera screen.

If I'm understanding this post, the OP, like myself can't use a Apple keyboard to get into or navigate the bios settings. I have the same experience and therefore went back to my logitech. I'm assuming he's looking for a mini type keyboard to set aside and only use when he needs to access the bios. I haven't looked for an option as I don't want 2 keyboards on my desk...

Yeah....I understand. This was ment to keep in a drawer, and to be used only when necessary

Ever considered just replacing the Bluetooth adapter with something that works with keyboards in BIOS? It's not the keyboard's fault. :)

Thanks everyone. If only I would've thought this through better initially - I would just buy a different keyboard that works for BIOS if I didn't just spend 60 some bucks on the Apple wireless keyboard. I have found some ridiculously small full keyboards, but nothing just for the BIOS. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep what I have until I decide to drop more money on a proper wired keyboard. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back