Contribute
Register

BIOS is scrambled and loss of USB unless i use VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Power Hack G5
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
evga 660 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
first off i am having no trouble booting ML and using dual monitors with my 660 ti. but when want to get to the bios or boot into windows, my bios becomes visually scrambled.

this is my first build so i am still wrapping my head around how multibeast affects things.

i am a little confused as to why when i choose the f12 or DEL key to get to the bios screen that it appears scrambled to the point of which i cant control anything, and i lose my partial functionality from my USB keyboard (no access to arrow up and down arrows but i can click esc and return buttons).

note that all is fine (bios is back to normal) when i attach a vga adapter to my dvi cable.

is this something that multibeast can fix? or by changing something in the bios?

i have a feeling that this all started when i originally setup my system on the integrated 4000HD vga connection.

Have you tried updating your BIOS?

I just upgraded the bios to the latest version f4 (on a up5 th)

still have the same issue. any other ideas?

Can you please post a picture of the issue?

here is how i am seeing the bios area when dvi is connected and even though you can make out drive options to boot from they are selectable. however if i toss on an vga adapter then all is fine.

Attachments

• IMG_1666.jpg
    IMG_1666.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1667.jpg
    IMG_1667.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1668.jpg
    IMG_1668.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1669.jpg
    IMG_1669.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 71
So why not use the VGA adapter all the time? That almost looks corrupt.

i have a feeling its not corrupt because its perfectly fine when connected with the (dvi to vga) adapter that connect to my old vga monitor. right? are there not any other settings in bios or multibeast that i could test? i would rather not dig out my vga monitor (with dvi to vga adapter) every time i want to change the boot drive (to boot into windows) or enter the bios.

i just tried changed the bios setting for integrated graphics from auto to disable. i went through the multibeast settings and not sure what i could try because i still dont totally understand the best practice to tryout multibeast settings... meaning i dont know how to undo (or where to delete files) if i realized i choose the wrong check box (well outside of reverting to an older backup).

any pointers?

i appreciate your help KoalaMan!

In bios, there should be a setting like "Initialize" or something. In which you will find Onboard or PCIe etc. Change it to where your graphics Card is.

i just told the bios to use PCI and rebooted to find that it didnt fix anything. i wonder where i went wrong!

I think it's your graphics card. All other Bios Artifact threads end up being solved by changing the GFX Card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back