Nvidia 8800 GTS
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
BIOS CMOS Checksum error !SOLVED!

I have a strange issue after installing ML. On every start my BIOS says: Checksum error, defaults loaded.
I use a removable SSD for ML, and a removable HDD for WIN7. The strange thing: Using WIN7 I dont't have the BIOS problem. Shutting down ML and starting again: BIOS checksum error!
Anyone some clue?

I have the same problem with a Lenovo Thinkstation.

People have suggested loading the config defaults and redoing the necessary changes for the OS X installation.

Have you upgraded the bios recently? It could be corruption of the flashed bios. You could try a bios upgrade.

To tell you the truth, I could not solve the problem on the computer. The most annoying thing about the error is that it wipes my boot sequence preferences and I can only boot form DVD or SATA port 1.

Let me know if you find a solution.

There is no DSDT for my mainboard. I am using a Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H. My BIOS (Award Phoenix) is actual, and I flashed it yesterday. No changes. No problems with OSX Lion before. Is there someting that ML writing to my BIOS at shutdown that causes the problem? If i start and shutdown WIN7 I can Boot ML without any problems. Shutting down ML and reboot, I've got the checksum error again!

There is no DSDT for my mainboard. I am using a Foxconn P9657AA-8EKRS2H. My BIOS (Award Phoenix) is actual, and I flashed it yesterday. No changes. No problems with OSX Lion before. Is there someting that ML writing to my BIOS at shutdown that causes the problem? If i start and shutdown WIN7 I can Boot ML without any problems. Shutting down ML and reboot, I've got the checksum error again!

If you extract your DSDT, I can add the RTC fix to prevent your BIOS corruption. If you've never done this before, you can download a program called DSDTSE for Mac. Open DSDTSE and click on the "Extract DSDT" button. A window will come up with your extracted DSDT displayed, then click the "Compile DSDT" button. You will receive a message and then a Finder window will come up with your dsdt.aml file there. Upload it here and I'll add the RTC fix. I'm not 100% sure it will fix your problem, but it's worth a try.

Thanks a lot, but - problem solved:

Download and run Multibeast 5.0.2
Check Drivers&Bootloaders/Drivers/System/AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Install
Shut down and boot again
(Error still existing)
Go to your BIOS and make the necessary changes
Save and Exit
Boot ML
Shut down and boot again...

Voila! :)

Thanks a lot, but - problem solved:

Download and run Multibeast 5.0.2
Check Drivers&Bootloaders/Drivers/System/AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Install
Shut down and boot again
(Error still existing)
Go to your BIOS and make the necessary changes
Save and Exit
Boot ML
Shut down and boot again...

Voila! :)

Glad to hear you got the problem fixed!

Anyway, tried to make a DSDT for myself for later Installations.

Used the program you suggested, but get a Compile Error:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/hans-henningstudt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 367: Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Warning 1081 - Reserved method must return a value ^ (_WAK)

/Users/hans-henningstudt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 400: Store (Local0, Local0)
Error 4051 - Method local variable is not initialized ^ (Local0)

/Users/hans-henningstudt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 405: Store (Local0, Local0)

/Users/hans-henningstudt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2977: Store (Local0, Local0)

ASL Input: /Users/hans-henningstudt/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 5266 lines, 166413 bytes, 1816 keywords
Compilation complete. 3 Errors, 1 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 563 Optimizations

Anyway, tried to make a DSDT for myself for later Installations.

Used the program you suggested, but get a Compile Error

Ok, you can just open DSDTSE and click the "Extract DSDT" button, and then go to File and Save.dsl

If you upload your dsdt.dsl file I can fix the errors for you.

Edit: You can actually fix those errors yourself if you look through the "DSDT fixes" drop down menu in the DSDTSE app. The error is listed and the solution is given. You actually just have the exact same error in three different locations and it shows you what line they are located on. If you aren't sure what to do I'll be glad to fix it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back