Contribute
Register

Beta Asus Sandy Bridge Sleep/Wake Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how to get the Sleep/Wake functioning on GA-H61M-USB3 (F8). Saw H61 in the title and got a little overly excited. This is my HTPC so would love to save some energy during the day

Any idea how to get the Sleep/Wake functioning on GA-H61M-USB3 (F8). Saw H61 in the title and got a little overly excited. This is my HTPC so would love to save some energy during the day
Won't work on a Gigabyte/Award BIOS.

Sleep No Longer Working

I used this fix a few months ago and it worked perfectly, sleep was flawless. Now today, after not a single change to the computer whatsoever, it will not sleep. If I hit Option-Command-Eject, the screen will go black for 2 seconds and then be back to normal. If I go into the apple menu and select sleep, the screen will turn off and the computer will just continue on running like nothing happened. This also happens with timed sleep. What should I do? I have changed nothing and have verified the fixes are still in my DSDT. I also have not installed and 3rd party kexts today. The console literally doesn't tell me anything, as if the computer were not doing anything out of the ordinary. Except it will occasionally give a warning after the keystroke-activated 2 second sleep that Time Machine couldn't back up after wake because it's been less than 30 mins since last backup...

Please help me, I am about to freak out and go buy a nice compatible Gigabyte motherboard after the last year of hell with my P8H61...

I used this fix a few months ago and it worked perfectly, sleep was flawless. Now today, after not a single change to the computer whatsoever, it will not sleep.
New partition, clean install, verify sleep. Go from there.

Hi, i was trying the patch but seems the motherboard is different and i get 8 or 9 compile errors, my mother is p8h61-m lx3 r2. this is how my untouched _PTS looks like:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (SMIM, \_SB.PINX)
\_SB.ISMI (0x90)
Store (Zero, P80D)
P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
PTS (Arg0)
Store (Arg0, DBG8)
If (And (AOAC, One)) {}
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
{
If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
{
TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
}
}
}

and when trying to apply the patch, i get errors like

Object does not exist ^ (WAKP)
Object does not exist ^ (WSSB)
Object does not exist ^ (WOTB)

etc.

I applied a patched rom that samisnake made for this mobo and the machine boots with appleintelcpupowermanagement without problems, but the machine tries to wake by itself inmediatly after going to sleep, and after 2 tries it restarts (RTC kext patch also already applied)

any help is very appreciated :)

thanks!!

update: i have sorted everything! sleep working with native power management. i replaced the original _PST code i previously posted with this one from another Asus mobo:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Zero, P80D)
P8XH (Zero, Arg0)
PTS (Arg0)
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
{
If (LAnd (DTSE, LGreater (TCNT, One)))
{
TRAP (TRTD, 0x1E)
}
}

If (LOr (LOr (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03), LEqual (Arg0, 0x04)), LEqual (
Arg0, 0x05)))
{
If (LEqual (PFLV, FDTP))
{
Store (One, GP27)
}
}
}

so, if someone has a p8h61-m lx3 r2.0, it needs a patched bios (with samisnake dpci method) and edit original dsdt with this code.

Thanks to everyone for all the useful data!

Hi, I have tried this DSDT update but when I compile it I get Compile error, check output windows for details. 255. Then when I look at the error log it tells me I have 49 errors. Most are Object does not exist errors. I made DSDTSE extract my DSDT, saved it to the recommended location and then edited as the guide said.

Hi, I have tried this DSDT update but when I compile it I get Compile error, check output windows for details. 255. Then when I look at the error log it tells me I have 49 errors. Most are Object does not exist errors. I made DSDTSE extract my DSDT, saved it to the recommended location and then edited as the guide said.
What happens when you compile the native (extracted) dsdt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back