Contribute
Register

Best OSX version for GIGABYTE Z68MX-UD2H-B3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z68MX-UD2H-B3 rev1.3 BIOS F11
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Nvidia GTX970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys, I have right now a very cool build, but Yosemite is giving me some compatibility problems with new apps, so I have to update it. Which is the best OSX version for this setup?

-Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 1.3 (updated to F11 bootloader, not UEFI)
-CPU: Intel i7 2600K
-RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue Edition
-GPU: Nvidia GTX970

Do you think that High Sierra would work?

Hello guys, I have right now a very cool build, but Yosemite is giving me some compatibility problems with new apps, so I have to update it. Which is the best OSX version for this setup?

-Motherboard : Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3 1.3 (updated to F11 bootloader, not UEFI)
-CPU: Intel i7 2600K
-RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Blue Edition
-GPU: Nvidia GTX970

Do you think that High Sierra would work?

Yes, High Sierra should work, and also Sierra and El Capitan. What do your new apps require in terms of OS?

My build is very close to yours. I have a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 rev. 1.0, an i7 2600K, 16GB RAM, and an Nvidia GTX 970.

It runs great under High Sierra. Very easy, no glitches. Everything working as far as I can see. If there's anything I can check on my system for you, let me know.

I am using the UEFI bootloader, and I recommend it as it works fine, but it should also work with the Award BIOS.

Yes, High Sierra should work, and also Sierra and El Capitan. What do your new apps require in terms of OS?

My build is very close to yours. I have a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 rev. 1.0, an i7 2600K, 16GB RAM, and an Nvidia GTX 970.

It runs great under High Sierra. Very easy, no glitches. Everything working as far as I can see. If there's anything I can check on my system for you, let me know.

I am using the UEFI bootloader, and I recommend it as it works fine, but it should also work with the Award BIOS.

Thank you guys, I just did a fresh install over a new SSD drive and everything works! I haven't flashed the UEFI BIOS since I still wanted to use my old Yosemite install, but it works perfectly with Award F11 BIOS too.

Hello I have same motherboard, can you link me the guide pre and post installation for installation high sierra ?

why legacy and not efi mode?

why legacy and not efi mode?

The OP's motherboard still has a traditional BIOS and not UEFI, therefore he/she has to use Legacy mode.

Since you have already updated your motherboard to use UEFI, you should choose UEFI mode in Unibeast.

yes my motherboard have uefi bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back