Contribute
Register

Best Laptop for under $1200 in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GTX 460
Best Laptop for under $1200 in 2014? (Just for Windows Usage)

And another question, when in this year would be the best time to purchase a new laptop? I'm currently looking at this one, it fulfills all my needs and more. I do a lot of audio and video work. Premiere Pro would be used in this machine a lot, so having a good GPU is a must, as well as an IPS display for proper color grading. Thank you in advance for any advice on the matter.

Here is the laptop I have been looking at

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983615-REG/asus_n550jv_db71_15_6_notebook_computer.html

And another question, when in this year would be the best time to purchase a new laptop? I'm currently looking at this one, it fulfills all my needs and more. I do a lot of audio and video work. Premiere Pro would be used in this machine a lot, so having a good GPU is a must, as well as an IPS display for proper color grading. Thank you in advance for any advice on the matter.

Here is the laptop I have been looking at

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/983615-REG/asus_n550jv_db71_15_6_notebook_computer.html
Th graphics card I don't think can be used since it's not a real Mac the real macs have a special switching mechanism that switches between discrete and onboard and pcs simply don't have this so it's not supported

My apologies, I forgot to mention this computer was strictly for Windows Usage. That is the reason why I am also not attempting to run OS X on this future machine of mine. Far too difficult unless someone finds a solution in the near future. Any favorite machines you've stumbled upon this year though?

My apologies, I forgot to mention this computer was strictly for Windows Usage. That is the reason why I am also not attempting to run OS X on this future machine of mine. Far too difficult unless someone finds a solution in the near future. Any favorite machines you've stumbled upon this year though?
That one will run OS X fine and wouldn't be that hard to put on it although you'd have to use the integrated graphics and disable the graphics card the hp probooks are about as good as it gets for hacking though

Thank you for the suggestion, yes i've heard about how well you can run os x on those pro books. So OS X would run on that asus with integrated graphics? Doesn't sound bad for running Logic and Ableton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back