CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I did the full Mojave instalation about a year ago or so, I can't remember all the details, but I didn't encounter a lot of errors. I checked the correct options in bios, added some basic kext and did the installation. At first, Bluetooth seemed like it worked, but it never really did. It keeps seraching for devices, never finds them and says that the device is visible (see first attached screenshot).

Basic info of my Hackintosh:
  • Mac Os Mojave 10.14.6
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
  • i7-9700K
  • Amd Radeon RX 580 8GB
Bluetooth/Wifi card is installed (I checked with DPCIManage) and the model is BCM94360CD (Fenvi-T919) and it's connected to a PCIExpress port in the motherboard.

Because I don't know what may be causing the problem I include DPCI Manager and System Information screenshots, the full folder from the EFI partition and the IOReg copy.

I appreciate your help with this matter.

Attachments

• Bluetooth_not_working.png
    Bluetooth_not_working.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Hardware_Bluetooth.png
    Hardware_Bluetooth.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 123
  • Hardware_USB.png
    Hardware_USB.png
    210.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DPCIManager_1.png
    DPCIManager_1.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 120
  • DPCIManager_2.png
    DPCIManager_2.png
    232.9 KB · Views: 108
  • EFI.zip
    37.6 MB · Views: 105
  • Roberto’s iMac.ioreg
    13.8 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
BT/WiFi:
It looks like you have the Intel WiFi/BT card connected via the built-in motherboard WiFi connection enabled as well as the Broadcom card.

The Broadcom BT is connected on USB port HS11 and the Intel BT module is connected on USB port HS14 in your IOReg.

If you can't disable the Intel card in the bios, then you probably need to manually remove the Intel WiFi/BT card from the system. Otherwise you will continue to have these BT issues as the two cards won't work well together.

SMBIOS:
You are using the WRONG SMBIOS with your Coffee Lake system. The iMac 14,2 is used by a Haswell system. It is not meant for long term use with your newer system, it should have only been used when you were first installing macOS, as a base to get your system up and running.

You should be using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS with your system.

USB:
All your USB ports (26 ports) appear to be active, according to your IOReg. This is not good long term. You should have a maximum of 15 ports active in macOS on a single USB controller.

You need to create a custom USB configuration for your system. Read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Config.plist:
Your config.plist is pretty much devoid of anything meaningful, other than the four USB port limit patches required for Mojave.

While it boots your system, it does a p-poor job of configuring your setup to work at its best when running macOS.

I would recommend you look in the Golden Builds and User Builds forums to find a compatible system that you can use as a base for editing your Clover setup.

Guides:
I would also recommend that you have a read and follow some of the guides provided on this site:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back