Contribute
Register

Azurewave AW-NE773 (Atheros AR9280) Not working OOB for any OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270M-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I recently swapped out the stock intel wifi/BT card in my z77n for the Azurewave AW-NE773 (Atheros AR9280), after reading the half-mini PCIe thread. For some reason this card is not working for me OOB as stated in that thread.

The first thing I did was to test if it would work in Windows 8.1. Initially it was detected in device manager as a generic 802.11n card, with an exclamation mark. I tried installing several drivers for it but absolutely nothing worked. I did a system restore to a point before installing the drivers and now it just doesn't even show up in device manager.

At this point I was extremely suspicious and booted into an Ubuntu live USB. the card was not detected at all in Ubuntu, even in the "enable proprietary drivers" section of the settings.

Is there anything I need to do to get this to work? The device does not show in any OS. Do I need to enable something in the BIOS?

Cant remember if my specs are listed so here are the relevant ones:

Z77n - wifi (F2 BIOS)
OS X 10.8.5
Windows 8.1

Yeah, I should have done my research before buying this card. It's not going to work. Are there any recommendations for a half-mini PCIe that is supported on both ML and windows 8.1, and compatible with the Z77n? This is the last piece of the puzzle to get my system running perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back