Contribute
Register

Audio - HDMI Audio AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toleda I'm trying to get HDMI Audio to work out of my EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti SC. I originally had to install the WebDriver to get the car to function but since then I've had no issues switching between WebDrivers and OS X Default Graphics.

Running 10.10.2 / Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wifi (mini ITX UEFI) / v4 BIOS version, though I think v5 is newest / Intel i7 4790k processor / HD4600 on-board graphics & EVGA Nvidia GTX 750 Ti SC discreet

I initially went through "[Guide]_HD4600-hdmi_audio_(dsdt_or_ssdt)_v2.pdf" of on-board 9 series support, then moved down to "[Guide]_Nvidia-hdmi_audio_v2.pdf" for my GPU. Where I got stuck was the "dsdt/ssdt edits" section. I was not sure where that would go after examining all the other parts of the guide.

Attached are IOReg, Console, AppleHDA.kext files + CLOVER config.plist / debug.log / dsdt.aml goodies

Thanks for looking into it.

Attachments

• Ryan’s iMac-v1.ioreg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • Ryans iMac-Clover-config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Ryans iMac-debug.log
    19.5 KB · Views: 84
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 66
  • dsdt-GA-Z97N-Wifi-hdmi.aml
    66.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Ryans iMac-All Messages.log.zip
    75.4 KB · Views: 62
rcolem87, literally ready 2 posts above.. it's a bummer but if you are on 10.10.2 nothing you do will get HDMI audio through your GTX 750 ti. people are working on it and it might be fixed soon though

I got stuck was the "dsdt/ssdt edits" section.
No HDMI audio on 10.10.2 with Web drivers for any Nvidia graphics card.
The Nvidia HDMI audio guide simply says "Verify motherboard OS X HDMI Audio installed"
HDMI dsdt audio edits are correct.
IOReg shows the edited dsdt is not installed.

No HDMI audio on 10.10.2 with Web drivers for any Nvidia graphics card.
The Nvidia HDMI audio guide simply says "Verify motherboard OS X HDMI Audio installed"
HDMI dsdt audio edits are correct.
IOReg shows the edited dsdt is not installed.

okay thanks. At least I'm preparing the system with some stability and future proofing- if the edited dsdt isn't installed, would that be user error with clover? I believe I put it the correct folder. Can you elaborate on how I can guarantee it gets installed?

Post #1 notes official OS X releases and updates.

I am not sure what you mean by this. Are you not counting 10.10.2 as an official OS X update? I just re-read through post #1 in it's entirety and I see nothing there that would let me know that Nvidia HDMI audio is not possible on 10.10.2.

Maybe there could be an additional section in post #1 called "Incompatible Versions" and have 10.10.2 listed with Nvidia HDMI audio.

Just something in post #1 to warn people about the issue with 10.10.2 Or is it in there and I'm just not seeing it??

Are you not counting 10.10.2 as an official OS X update?
Post #1: "HDMI audio dsdt/ssdt solutions support Yosemite ..." Means 10.0, 10.10.1, etc.
Nvidia HDMI audio works with each Yosemite release to date, including 10.10.2.
If Nvidia HDMI audio is not working, it will be noted.
Nvidia web drivers are not included in any OS X release and are not considered in this thread.
Note any problems with a Nvidia web driver in the thread for that specific driver version.

I..
Maybe there could be an additional section in post #1 called "Incompatible Versions" and have 10.10.2 listed with Nvidia HDMI audio.

Just something in post #1 to warn people about the issue with 10.10.2 Or is it in there and I'm just not seeing it??

I don't think there are any HDMI audio issues with native (OS X bundled) Nvidia drivers in 10.10.2.

HDMI Audio issues started from:
- Nvidia Web drivers 343.02.02f02+ (not in scope of this thread)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think there are any HDMI audio issues with native (OS X bundled) Nvidia drivers in 10.10.2

I get what you all are saying now. The confusion for me is that technically my graphics card doesn't have native support (Gigabyte GTX 750).

...taken from the Alternate Nvidia drivers thread... "NOTE: These drivers are currently the only method to get full acceleration for NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750, 750Ti, 960, 970, and 980 'Maxwell' graphics cards. There are no current Macs with these cards, so support is absent natively in OS X."

I didn't even consider not using the Nvidia Web drivers considering how terrible things look without them. However without them HDMI audio would work so I see what you are saying now... sorry for all the confusion, but I know other people will make/have made the same mistake and was hoping to help them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back