Contribute
Register

Attention SandyBridge users... New Lnx2Mac RTL81xx available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all your hard work in developing this install kit.

Ethernet is working on a GA-Z68XP-UD3 F6 OS X 10.6.8

Just a note to anyone, remember after installation to go into System Preferences/Network/ and configure the network... it will connect automatically if everything is done right.

I'm having some trouble with the GA-Z68A-UD3H-B3 F11 motherboard and Lnx2mac's 0.90 driver.

After installation, repair permissions and reboot it works fine... but suddenly disconnects and gets an auto-assigned IP. It won't work again until I reinstall and reboot.

I've tried with Realtek's Gigabit driver for Lion and it works for a while but takes longer to do anything and disconnects more often than lnx2mac's. I'll try to assign a static IP to my hackintosh too see if that solves anything.

I'm having an issue where my network goes out. It says I am connected in the control panel, but I can't renew my ip address. Putting in a manual address doesn't work either. I have been getting around it in the past by re-installing the driver. Today, nothing has worked to restore my network. I'll try this new one, but I don't hold much hope for it at this point. Anyone with any ideas on how to troubleshoot? :sick:

I have similar problems as described above with 0.90

Connection (smb shares, Internet, Plex...everything) drops every 5 minutes or so (even though client IP is maintained). De-activating the interface and re-activating it restores connectivity.

This is with DHCP. When using fixed IP it is not stable either.

Moreover, response when connecting to smb shares is very very slow, with 30s timeouts or so. Also, transfer speeds are not higher than around 10MB/s (all Gbit network). But this can be related to poor CIFS implementation from Apple in Lion can it?

jgsmac said:
I have Problems with DHCP
if Networkcable is unplug and plug in againg, or networkswitch is sortly without power,
my Hackintosh losses DHCP
I must reboot the Hackintosh, to get new DHCP.

Same thing described above...

:beachball:

pamlung said:
I'm having an issue where my network goes out. It says I am connected in the control panel, but I can't renew my ip address. Putting in a manual address doesn't work either. I have been getting around it in the past by re-installing the driver. Today, nothing has worked to restore my network. I'll try this new one, but I don't hold much hope for it at this point. Anyone with any ideas on how to troubleshoot? :sick:

When something like this happens to me I just restart the driver..

Four simple steps..

1. Open terminal
2. type "sudo -s" without quotes and type your password in.
3. type kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext
4. type kextload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext

the network should work ok now..

Hi guys,

Sorry to hear about your issues with my driver.

Would you please install the debug version, and keep and eye on the console to try to identify any special message that appears during this period ?

Thanks,
Lnx2Mac

jgsmac said:
I have Problems with DHCP
if Networkcable is unplug and plug in againg, or networkswitch is sortly without power,
my Hackintosh losses DHCP
I must reboot the Hackintosh, to get new DHCP.

same here

xedios2002 said:
When something like this happens to me I just restart the driver..

Four simple steps..

1. Open terminal
2. type "sudo -s" without quotes and type your password in.
3. type kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext
4. type kextload /System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext

the network should work ok now..

helped, thanks

Same issue with my onboard LAN. Sometimes during bootup or wakeup can't get IP address from DHCP. Rebooting occationally helps. Also need to unplug cable to recover.

IMO, if you aren't going to run the debug driver and send error logs to the developer, get a different card like the Sonnet Presto that works with Apple's driver.

All you really need to do is bounce the interface, no need to unload and reload kernel extensions --

Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 down && sudo ifconfig en0 up

where 'en0' is your RTL81xx device that is failing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back