Contribute
Register

Ati HD6770m 6740:1002

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Dewitts you're right,
but inside the modules in the bios do not know how to interpret.
It would be enough to leave all the settings!
You've checked for you if there is an "unlocked menù" bios ready?

I wonder if it works the discrete video card, with this method ...

Well i've just managed to unpack my Bios, next is how to figure out which is my video rom :?:
The current Bios for my probook is f20 (from the download page) "once you install this bios you will be unable to install previous versions"

I don't know if there is a version where the graphics is able to be changed other than switchable graphics on/off which is what I've had since I bought it.

Ok so I THINK I may have gotten a little progress.
I looked in the unpacked files and found 4 files with 1002 on the end (1002 is ati/radeon id) so I've assumed these are relevant to the graphics, I chose the biggest rom file and renamed it 1002_6760_167d103c.ROM
(from the wiki)
Code:
UseAtiROM=Yes|No
    Use an alternate Ati ROM image (path: /Extra/<vendorid>_<devid>_<subsysid>.rom)
The result is a freeze with the bootfile you created and I put the original back and it booted up.
Code:
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
ATI Framebuffer Addr: @0xB0000000  MMIO Addr: @0xD4900000 I/O Port Addr: @0x00005000 ROM Addr: @0xFFFE0000
ATI card POSTed, Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/1002_6760_167d103c.rom] 8800 bytes.
reading Video BIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 0
Framebuffer set to: P???. using device's default.
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.
AMD Radeon HD 6470M 4095MB [1002:6760] (subsys [103c:167d]) (Caicos:P???.) :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I'm not sure the subsystem number is correct I seem to remember having instructions for adding my card to ati.c that the subsystem needs to be switched around so I did it in the filename, i'll try putting it the normal way and test again

EDIT: I have tested the name and the subsystem MUST be reversed: My subsystem id is 103c167d see the name of the file and notice the subsytem is switched to 167d103c.
It is still not working properly and I'm not even sure that I have chosen the correct file.

I will try the other roms with 1002 in the name and see if I get anything more.

Maybe it's a case of testing all framebuffers? change atiports value? pciroot id? or maybe it will never work but I will try what I can.

Ok so I still don't know if it's the right file for graphics as I tried one of the other ones and got the same result.
Maybe 1 of them will make a difference I don't know

Dewitts said:
Ok so I THINK I may have gotten a little progress.
I looked in the unpacked files and found 4 files with 1002 on the end (1002 is ati/radeon id) so I've assumed these are relevant to the graphics, I chose the biggest rom file and renamed it 1002_6760_167d103c.ROM
(from the wiki)
Code:
UseAtiROM=Yes|No
    Use an alternate Ati ROM image (path: /Extra/<vendorid>_<devid>_<subsysid>.rom)
The result is a freeze with the bootfile you created and I put the original back and it booted up.
Code:
Using PCI-Root-UID value: 0
ATI Framebuffer Addr: @0xB0000000  MMIO Addr: @0xD4900000 I/O Port Addr: @0x00005000 ROM Addr: @0xFFFE0000
ATI card POSTed, Read HFS+ file: [hd(0,2)/Extra/1002_6760_167d103c.rom] 8800 bytes.
reading Video BIOS from legacy space
Card reported ports: 0
Framebuffer set to: P???. using device's default.
Number of ports set to: 0 using framebuffer's default.
AMD Radeon HD 6470M 4095MB [1002:6760] (subsys [103c:167d]) (Caicos:P???.) :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I'm not sure the subsystem number is correct I seem to remember having instructions for adding my card to ati.c that the subsystem needs to be switched around so I did it in the filename, i'll try putting it the normal way and test again

EDIT: I have tested the name and the subsystem MUST be reversed: My subsystem id is 103c167d see the name of the file and notice the subsytem is switched to 167d103c.
It is still not working properly and I'm not even sure that I have chosen the correct file.

I will try the other roms with 1002 in the name and see if I get anything more.

Maybe it's a case of testing all framebuffers? change atiports value? pciroot id? or maybe it will never work but I will try what I can.
@Dewitts excuse the delay, but after all this time I do a clean installation.
I made two new build for you:

-a normal release, with sub-sys 103c167d
-one other without injection HD3000, but always 103c167d

For myself, I'm struggling with "Device in slot - 1 -", but whatever I do not find a remedy (on other pc is very simple), and I got a feeling that if not solve, I can not prove anything!

Inside the archive there is also Ati.c, if you want to propose changes, and Radeon_bios_decode if useful

Attachments

• Chimera 103c167d.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 245
  • radeon_bios_decode.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 285
what extension is supposed to be on that radeon bios decode file?

Dewitts said:
what extension is supposed to be on that radeon bios decode file?

no extension,

Double click it and open the Terminal itself, and then drag into your rom

It 'a script

Ahhh! ok i'll give it a shot

I feel as though I've made some progress. Right now I have the ATI Framebuffer and drivers loading and recognizing the card. To get this, I used my extracted BIOS in addition to my DSDT.aml which was modified to get the HD3000 framebuffer to load.
The only way to get the ROM to load is to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot flags. I'm trying different combinations of Ati Ports and Ati Config framebuffers but I really need to know if graphics switching is worth pursuing ... or if anyone has been able to get it to work on a hackintosh. If not, then we'll need to disable the HD3000 in software.

Here's a screen of my ioreg with all of the connections.

Attachments

• ATI6000.tiff
    554.8 KB · Views: 393
lancealot said:
I feel as though I've made some progress. Right now I have the ATI Framebuffer and drivers loading and recognizing the card. To get this, I used my extracted BIOS in addition to my DSDT.aml which was modified to get the HD3000 framebuffer to load.
The only way to get the ROM to load is to use GraphicsEnabler=Yes in the boot flags. I'm trying different combinations of Ati Ports and Ati Config framebuffers but I really need to know if graphics switching is worth pursuing ... or if anyone has been able to get it to work on a hackintosh. If not, then we'll need to disable the HD3000 in software.

Here's a screen of my ioreg with all of the connections.
It is precisely the problem: bypass HD3000!
We tried to eliminate his injection from Chimera, but also eliminating it, the system know that there is an integrated card.
....but if the framebuffer is loaded, then it works?
please, run this in terminal and post it:

ioreg | grep ATY

Then you could explain if "Hydrilla" framebuffer comes from your dsdt if you have injected this under PEGP, or in AtiConfig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back