ATI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I get full resolution, dual screen with Mountain Lion, but no QE/CI.

I inserted my dev-id (0x68BE1002) into ATI5000Controller.kext.
Running the latest Chameleon r2012, also tried Chimera 1.11.0.
GraphicsEnabler is on.
UserDSDT (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 v13)

Both my monitors are 1920x1080, they are connected through DVI.

I remember that on Lion some 5750/5770 users had to replace a few ATI kexts with older kexts. Is that still the case?

This list shows 5750 as not working, I hope it's wrong. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61013-video-card-compatability-list.html

Will try connecting with HDMI/DP tomorrow, however I'm looking for a 'native' solution.

Hi,

I get full resolution, dual screen with Mountain Lion, but no QE/CI.

I inserted my dev-id (0x68BE1002) into ATI5000Controller.kext.
Running the latest Chameleon r2012, also tried Chimera 1.11.0.
GraphicsEnabler is on.
UserDSDT (Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 v13)

Both my monitors are 1920x1080, they are connected through DVI.

I remember that on Lion some 5750/5770 users had to replace a few ATI kexts with older kexts. Is that still the case?

This list shows 5750 as not working, I hope it's wrong. http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61013-video-card-compatability-list.html

Will try connecting with HDMI/DP tomorrow, however I'm looking for a 'native' solution.

Hi!!

I do have a similar issue, but with an XFX ATI 5770 1GB, I did install the snow 10.6.7 kext that are working great in Lion 10.7.4. But I can't get desktop screen, only If I boot in Safe Mode with -x, I can see the screens and get full resolution with dual screen (DVI + HDMI), I think that I have to flash the rom with the Batmobile version or change the card.

If you found another solution, please let me know!

Thanks!

Roy

Same card, same issue. I also tried booting with AtiPorts=4 and AtiConfig=Juniper, as well as adding 0x68BE1002 to AMDRadeonAccelerator under Juniper. No change as far as I can tell.

In Snow Leopard I remember having to disable all but a single core of the GPU for certain cards. Has anyone given this a shot yet?

ATI HD5750

I checked the kexts downloaded for ATI cards. 1.AMDAccelerator 2.ATISupport 3.ATIFramebuffer 4.ATI5000Controller.
You have to insert the correct 0x68BE1002 into two kexts info.plist AMDAccelerator and ATI5000Controller.
As you see my card is ATI HD5670 which supported natively but just in the two mentioned kexts there is the ID(0x68D81002 this is mine).
It was a suggestion from me,but I would try it.

Good Luck!

I tried that with the kexts I used on Lion but that didn't work.
Are you using the default ML kexts? If not, could you please upload them?

I got mine fully working with QE/CI by entering the dev-id in lowercase (0x68be1002) in ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext (under Juniper) without any kernel flags, Graphics Enabler = No. Geekbench and DVDplayer still not working though - as with LION.

Powercolor 5750 1G Dual Monitor 1920x1080 (DVI + HDMI) in extend mode.

I got mine fully working with QE/CI by entering the dev-id in lowercase (0x68be1002) in ATI5000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext (under Juniper) without any kernel flags, Graphics Enabler = No. Geekbench and DVDplayer still not working though - as with LION.

Powercolor 5750 1G Dual Monitor 1920x1080 (DVI + HDMI) in extend mode.

I can confirm this works. Thanks!

*facepalm* I should have realized this sooner since bdmesg reports it as "Found ATI 0x68be" and not 0x68BE. Thanks!

What are the differences between "0x68be1002" and "0x68BE1002" ?
Mine is a HIS 5750, even though I added into the info.plist of ATI5000controller and AMDRadeonAccelerator. It is still not working

0x68be is lowercase. 0x68BE is uppercase. That's it. :)

Actually though, I'm still having issues. :( I tried both cases, adding at the beginning of IOPCIMatch, adding at the end, and switching GE on/off. I've also tried PCIRootUID=0/1 and npci=0x2000/3000. Nothing. Any ideas? Maybe I'm just not hitting the golden combo.

EDIT: Just wanted to note that I have everything working. I made doubly sure that I rebuilt my caches, and booted with -f just in case. Voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back