Contribute
Register

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator WiFi (Thunderbolt 4) + i7-12700K + AMD RX 6800 XT

After updating to 14.4, most of my USB 2.0 ports are no longer working (maybe they never were). Is the older USB guide here still recommended?

I do understand the 15 port limit and that a compromise must be made so maybe that is all that is going on.

Last edited:
After updating to 14.4, most of my USB 2.0 ports are no longer working (maybe they never were). Is the older USB guide here still recommended?

I do understand the 15 port limit and that a compromise must be made so maybe that is all that is going on.
I highly encourage you to study Page 1 of this thread… @CaseySJ has very thoroughly laid it all out.
J

Yep, Looks like almost all of the USB 2.0 ports have been disabled under CaseySJ's config. I see the option to enable all ports but I won't be doing that. Works as designed.

Sorry, me again...tried to get bluetooth working using the @CaseySJ mini-guide but no dice so far: :rolleyes:

I added the kexts here which includes some new BT kexts and a different version of Lilu.kext. Also added AirportItlwm v2.3.0-alpha for Sonoma 14.4 from here although I am not sure I need it just for BT. Entered all the appropriate info from the guide in OpenCore Configurator. When I try to boot with this, I get the circle with a cross though it. No extra details when I boot with verbose option enabled either. I even tried to revert to the original Lilu.kext I had - nope. I tried all kinds of variations to experiment - nothing.

Again, I am on Sonoma 14.4 and OpenCore 0.9.8. I just want basic bluetooth. I don't really care about WiFi but if I get that for free with a fix, even better. I'm willing to buy a bluetooth adaptor if that is easier than getting the onboard Intel stuff working. I don't know what the current state of things are for 14.4. I know there has been a lot of churn on BT with each OS release lately. Searched around a bit for a solution but I don't want to get too far off track. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2194.jpg
    IMG_2194.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 20
  • OC Kexts.png
    OC Kexts.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
@BigPines,

Intel Bluetooth operates on HS14 (USB 2 port), which means we must use the USB SSDT that enables this port. This SSDT can be selected in the ACPI section of config.plist.

Only one USB SSDT can be enabled at a time so it’s necessary to uncheck the current one and check on the new one.

To determine if HS14 is enabled, simply run IORegistryExplorer and look for HS14.

Thanks! I thought I did have HS14 enabled since I had SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS.aml enabled in OpenCore Configurator. I will verify HS14 is actually enabled via IORegistryExplorer.

Update: Indeed HS14 appears to be operational. I appreciate any other ideas for me to run down.

Attachments

• IORegistry Explorer.png
    IORegistry Explorer.png
    418.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Other than the Bluetooth, I am finished and happy with the result. Attached are my benchmark scores. Seems pretty good to me.

Attachments

• Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (all cores enabled).png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (all cores enabled).png
    223.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (AMD RX 6900 XT 16GB).png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (AMD RX 6900 XT 16GB).png
    201.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (e-cores disabled).png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Geekbench (e-cores disabled).png
    213.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench CPU (Multi Core).png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench CPU (Multi Core).png
    524.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench CPU (Single Core).png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench CPU (Single Core).png
    521.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench GPU.png
    Hackintosh 3.0 Cinebench GPU.png
    473.4 KB · Views: 18
Thanks! I thought I did have HS14 enabled since I had SSDT-UIAC-ASUS-Z690-PROART-15-PORTS.aml enabled in OpenCore Configurator. I will verify HS14 is actually enabled via IORegistryExplorer.

Update: Indeed HS14 appears to be operational. I appreciate any other ideas for me to run down.
Let's try changing the position of IntelBTPatcher.kext as shown, such that the last 3 kexts are:
  1. BlueToolFixup.kext
  2. IntelBTPatcher.kext
  3. IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext

OC Kexts.png

Other than USB, are there any issues with the Mac OS 14.4 update?

I had a fleeting thought that the order of the kexts may be important but then forgot about that. I changed the order as you suggested and moved the new kexts where you had them in your example screenshot. Unfortunately, same result.

One thing I noticed is different about this config is the new Lilu.kext is v1.6.2 and is only 177KB where the one from my last known good setup is v1.6.7 and 529KB. De we need the older Lilu.kext for some reason?

Update: I tried Lilu.kext v1.6.7 and it had the same behavior.

Update 2: If I disable AirportItlwm with the v1.6.7 Lilu, it boots up fine but I also get no bluetooth.

Update 3: If I disable AirportItlwm with the v1.6.2 Lilu, it crashes on boot with "AppleKeyStore:7690:151: unexpected session uld: -1 requested by: bluetoothd (151)" see photos.

Attachments

• New Kext Order.png
    New Kext Order.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • signal-2024-03-14-153508_002.jpeg
    signal-2024-03-14-153508_002.jpeg
    425.5 KB · Views: 4
  • signal-2024-03-14-153508_003.jpeg
    signal-2024-03-14-153508_003.jpeg
    618.4 KB · Views: 4
  • signal-2024-03-14-153508_004.jpeg
    signal-2024-03-14-153508_004.jpeg