Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.0GHz (Codename Skylake)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti ASUS Strix OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Until very recently I refused to sleep my hackintosh for I would lose my audio. I was able to fix this and successfully woke my computer from sleep with sound thanks to the "ready-made kext for 1150 on Gigabyte GA-Z79MX-gaming 5 and similar motherboards" found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/f...p-on-1150-and-possibly-other-realteks.170063/

It surprisingly worked on my ASUS Z170 Deluxe board. This introduced a new, unique problem though...

The first time I slept my computer, it worked perfectly (aside from needing a second keyboard click to wake the display after the computer woke up from 1 click, which happens every time the computer wakes up). The second time, however, it went to sleep and IMMEDIATELY woke up on its own. This was strange because it didn't happen the first time... so I tried it again and it worked perfectly! I kept doing it and the computer seemed to keeping waking up immediately EVERY OTHER TIME I put it to sleep. STRANGE! I have played around with "Darkwake" in the config file, but no luck. Nothing is plugged in to my front USB ports. I have no other PCIe cards but the graphics card. I don't know why it would work fine sometimes, but not others.

Full list of specs:

ASUS Z170-Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
GeForce GTX 980ti Gigabyte G1 Gaming Graphics Card
32GB Corsair DDR4 LPX Vengeance RAM
Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Power Supply

If anyone knows of, or could point me in the right direction of a fix, that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

Until very recently I refused to sleep my hackintosh for I would lose my audio. I was able to fix this and successfully woke my computer from sleep with sound thanks to the "ready-made kext for 1150 on Gigabyte GA-Z79MX-gaming 5 and similar motherboards" found here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/f...p-on-1150-and-possibly-other-realteks.170063/

It surprisingly worked on my ASUS Z170 Deluxe board. This introduced a new, unique problem though...

The first time I slept my computer, it worked perfectly (aside from needing a second keyboard click to wake the display after the computer woke up from 1 click, which happens every time the computer wakes up). The second time, however, it went to sleep and IMMEDIATELY woke up on its own. This was strange because it didn't happen the first time... so I tried it again and it worked perfectly! I kept doing it and the computer seemed to keeping waking up immediately EVERY OTHER TIME I put it to sleep. STRANGE! I have played around with "Darkwake" in the config file, but no luck. Nothing is plugged in to my front USB ports. I have no other PCIe cards but the graphics card. I don't know why it would work fine sometimes, but not others.

Full list of specs:

ASUS Z170-Deluxe Motherboard
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
GeForce GTX 980ti Gigabyte G1 Gaming Graphics Card
32GB Corsair DDR4 LPX Vengeance RAM
Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 850W Power Supply

If anyone knows of, or could point me in the right direction of a fix, that would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.

You'll need to check Console and filter for Sleep, check the output.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.47.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-21 at 9.47.48 PM.png
    335 KB · Views: 361
I have a similar problem, anyone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back