Contribute
Register

Asus X99 PRO wifi is not working in macOS Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have these installed in System>Library>Extensions . . .
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext version 2.2.7
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext version 2.2.7

Check the version numbers.
If the same and if WiFi was working before it should be now.
Not sure why not, try deleting the ones installed and reinstalling.

Is USB fully functional ?
I was able to get wifi working using this link https://macosx.space/bcm4352-wi-fi-bluetooth-fix-hackintosh-macos-sierra-10-12/

However, Bluetooth is still not working. I used all the methods listed and RehabMans Bluetooth injector, but it's still broken.
Any suggestions?
Also, yes the usb seems to be working

I was able to get wifi working using this link https://macosx.space/bcm4352-wi-fi-bluetooth-fix-hackintosh-macos-sierra-10-12/

However, Bluetooth is still not working. I used all the methods listed and RehabMans Bluetooth injector, but it's still broken.
Any suggestions?
Also, yes the usb seems to be working

My card model is BCM94360HMB.
System Info, USB section shows BCM20702A0 chipset working.

If BCM20702A3 is not reported in System Info > USB then I think you need to fix USB.
Beyond that I would suggest asking Rehabman for help.

A word of caution . . . .
Those kext you installed are the same version as the originals at RehabMan's download sight.
But they are a older date and diferent size, I wouldn't trust installing from an unknown source.

I am running with similar issue. I installed both AtherosWiFiInjector.kext and 972Broadcom43XXFamilyrev2.kext to see if one of these help along with IO80211Family.kext but nothing seems to be working. I am actually installing on Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mother board. Any suggestions? BTW, I have the followinh hardware specs:

1. Motherboard: Asus Z170I Pro Gaming BIOS Ver. 2002
2. Processor: Intel Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.0 Ghz
3. RAM : 16 GB ( 2 X 8 GB G-Skill 8192 MB, 2133 MHz)
4. HardDrive: Hitachi 500 GB SATA HDD

You need to get the model ID of the wifi card and see if it compatible, or if there are drivers available. There is good list somewhere in this forum of compatible wifi cards and drivers that make some not so compatible cards work.

Many times I have had to buy a wifi card that worked with other system builds.

My Asus board had a wifi card that works with drivers provided by RehabMan.
Other than that there is nothing I can offer since your board is a different model.

You need to get the model ID of the wifi card and see if it compatible, or if there are drivers available. There is good list somewhere in this forum of compatible wifi cards and drivers that make some not so compatible cards work.

Many times I have had to buy a wifi card that worked with other system builds.

My Asus board had a wifi card that works with drivers provided by RehabMan.
Other than that there is nothing I can offer since your board is a different model.
Is this a common problem to Hackintosh built even though the motherboard comes with Wifi Card? Can you refer me to the link where I can check its compatibility? I just want to make sure I do not buy extra stuffs if I can get to work with what I already have.

Attachments

• wifi.jpg
    wifi.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 133
Yes it's common, they're not Apple systems.

I don't think the info in the photo is what you need.
You will have to look at the card inside that metal case.
You might try Google to find more info about the wifi card on your board.

I don't know the link to the TMac page.
Do a search here for "compatible WIFI Cards"

Yes it's common, they're not Apple systems.

I don't think the info in the photo is what you need.
You will have to look at the card inside that metal case.
You might try Google to find more info about the wifi card on your board.

I don't know the link to the TMac page.
Do a search here for "compatible WIFI Cards"
Hi I am building a hackintosh based on X99-m WS mobo, can i share ur configurations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back