GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I was upgrading my Asus X99 build with the 5820k and an Nvidia 960 GPU. I had it booting to Yosemite and I got it booting into Sierra, but when trying to get bluetooth working I had to reset everything. Now when I try re-installing using the same guide I am running into this error when I boot up.

IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0

Not sure what to try at this point. I have rebuilt my installer USB drive several times using different computers and re-downloading Sierra.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

GUIDE: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-12-clover-guide-100-working.203769/

upload_2017-4-24_22-24-58.png

I have the same problem (Z170I, i7 6700K, GT 1080) after clean install of 10.12.4 and Nvidia Web Driver.

Can only boot with boot args "nv_disable=1" but then the graphics card is not used, only software emulated (and slow) graphics. When I remove the nv_disable=1 the boot process reboots after the IOConsoleUsers etc. message. The Web Driver gets not loaded.

Have been looking around for solutions but didn't find any.

Can only boot with boot args "nv_disable=1" but then the graphics card is not used, only software emulated (and slow) graphics. When I remove the nv_disable=1 the boot process reboots after the IOConsoleUsers etc. message. The Web Driver gets not loaded.
Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

Thank you for the hint. Actually I followed solution of problem 6 and checked the NVRAM (with NVRAM -xp in the terminal) and it seemed ok. Or should I check for a specific value in the output of that command?
Code:
Haswell:~ BreBo$ sudo nvram nvda_drv
nvda_drv    1%00

Any more hints? Do you need more data about my configuration?
Check your config.plist

Boot > Arguments > nv_disable=1 should be disabled

graphics1.png

Graphics > Inject Nvidia should be disabled

graphics2.png

System Parameters > NvidiaWeb should be enabled

graphics3.png

I am still at the MacOS installation stage so I need to have nv_disable=1 checked.
I have tried resetting my settings on the motherboard and clearing the CMOS.
I have also re-downloaded and reinstalled the Sierra USB several times, but I am still seeing this same error.
I also tried both an Nvidia GTX 960 and a 1080ti so I don't think there is any issue with the graphics card.

I have Inject Nvidia disabled and Nvidia Web Driver enabled. When I disable NV_Disable I can't boot and end up with
the gIOScreenLockState Error and rebooting. See my config-plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.2 KB · Views: 259
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back